7-keto DHEA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-keto DHEA

I have read that 7-Keto DHEA doesn't convert to either testosterone or estrogen. Pardon my ignorance but what DOES
    it do if neither of these? Was that perhaps a missprint? Maybe
    it converts to T but not E? Hopefully?

Re: 7-keto DHEA

Originally posted by hogpen
    I have read that 7-Keto DHEA doesn't convert to either testosterone or estrogen. Pardon my ignorance but what DOES
    it do if neither of these? Was that perhaps a missprint? Maybe
    it converts to T but not E? Hopefully?
    Good question, stick to test

Comment

I have a question. What made you think that it converted to either one? 7 Keto is a metabolism booster. 7 Keto alone is a trade marked supplement by a company called Humanetics Corp.. Whenever you see something like DHEA with it, it has been added by another company. Like, Now Foods has a 7 keto with DHEA. NOW added the DHEA. Beverly Int. makes a 7 Keto without DHEA and has added grenn tea extract, Citrus, and Guarna extract.
      But, the 7 Keto in both, or for any other company, should be the same.
      Last edited by docmitchell; 04-21-05, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by docmitchell
        I have a question. What made you think that it converted to either one? 7 Keto is a metabolism booster. 7 Keto alone is a trade marked supplement by a company called Humanetics Corp.. Whenever you see something like DHEA with it, it has been added by another company. Like, Now Foods has a 7 keto with DHEA. NOW added the DHEA. Beverly Int. makes a 7 Keto without DHEA and has added grenn tea extract, Citrus, and Guarna extract.
        But, the 7 Keto in both, or for any other company, should be the same.
        There is no such thing as 7-keto without dhea. 7-keto is just another synonym for the compound 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone. 7-keto is a metabolite of dhea. It is derived from dhea but unlike most metabolites of dhea, does not possess the hormone converting properties.

http://www.1fast400.com/?ingredients_id=69

Comment

Yup, yo're right. It is a metabolite, of DHEA, and one cannot exist without the other.
          I guess the points I was trying to make is that it is not DHEA, or should not be considered to act like it. The other point is that some companies are marketing it as a DHEA product and others like B.I. are not. I was just curious as to where he got his info on it to begin with, especially when he was asking if it converts to test or estrogen.

But, here is a link to Humanetics and 7 Keto and what they say about hteir product. It is a pretty good read.

http://www.humaneticscorp.com/ittriu...x65y1x134x1x65
          Last edited by docmitchell; 04-21-05, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Don't remember exactly where I got those ideas. I had originally understood that DHEA was a precursor of andro which was a precursor of Testosterone, then I read somewhere (Ironman Mag several yrs ago I think) that DHEA couldn't be counted on to
            convert to T, was just as likely to convert to E. Then read on the
            label of a bottle of 7-Keto DHEA that it wouldn't convert to either
            T or E. This raised my question of what it DID do. My own obser-vation had been that it seemed to speed up my metabolism in a manner similar to ephedrine but not as dramatically. Had never seen that in print until recently on bodybuilding.com. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X