Need a little help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help..

My mother gave me a call today and asked if there is anything she can take for her joints. I told her I would find out what the best supps are for joint pain. I have know idea whats good and whats not since I havent had any problems with my joints. Let me know guys, thanks.

I'm sure you know this one but glucosime and condriton(sp?). never had this prob either, so thats all I got.

Comment

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). e.g. paracetemol. This is first line for joint pain in all joint diseases.

Comment

Im thinking Glucosamine Sulfate but dont know if there is anything better?

Comment

A combination of MSM, condroitin and glucosamine is the best joint support stack money can buy. PN carries a couple products that have all of the above in one product.

Comment

^^^ I agree.

What is wrong with her joints? Arthritis? If so, there are a few things she can do. First, find out from her doc which would be best, moist heat or a cold pack. Second, massage can really help it too.

Low impact exercising can actually loosen up joints and reduce swelling from arthritis. If it's in her knees, she could possibly wear some sort of knee brace to help prevent injury during exercise.

As for meds, COX-2 inhibitors have been shown to be useful for pain control. If the Pain meds are not working effectivly, she can ask her doc about DMARDs, or Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, if she has rheumatoid arthritis.

Comment

http://www.mobictablet.com/mobicWeb/Controller.jpf

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
                A combination of MSM, condroitin and glucosamine is the best joint support stack money can buy. PN carries a couple products that have all of the above in one product.
                yup. I like to use an anti inflammatory for a few days until Glucosamine, Chondroitin,MSM takes effect.

Comment

Maybe some deca would do her good. :D Wasn't superhvyfreak saying something about adequan and how it helped his joints.

Comment

I was under the impression thats what celebrex was for ...But I'm sure yj would know whats best ...

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR
                      I was under the impression thats what celebrex was for ...But I'm sure yj would know whats best ...
                      Celebrex is a COX-2 inhibitor. I firgured instead of saying all of the drugs in its' class I would just say the class of drugs.

Comment

Omega 3,6,9's would also help, alongside the glucosamine/chondroitin/msm mix..

Comment

Working...
                        X