Weight/Mass Gainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight/Mass Gainers

I've been taken swole v2 lately and i was wondering what the difference between creatine and weight/mass gainers are?

I've noticed alot more calories in the weight/mass gainers, is that it? I would like to bulk up some more...i'm 6'0 and 180, i'm cut at the moment, but by taking a weight gainer like n-large 2...would i gain alot of fat in the bulking process or could i gain alot of lean mass if i kept my diet clean

as it is, my main foods are red meat, fish, salad, rice, beans, eggs, and whole wheat bread...

then i have my protein shakes and the swole i take after breakfeast and pre-workout

Keep your diet the way it is. Your current sources of protein and carbs are pretty decent. N-large 2 has a lot of sugar that will probably not put on the kind of mass you're looking for. Most weight gainers are composed of some protein and a lot of simple carbs. If you're looking for a weight gainer or MRP that would provide a good clean source of calories to help with weight gain I would look at MHP Up Your Mass. However, real foods are always the best. If you would like,we can look at your diet if you post it and give advice on calories and amount of carbs, protein and fat based on your current stats.

Creatine is just a supplement that will help your muscles hold more water. Most weight gain on creatine is usually water weight--it is not a weight gainer.

Comment

yeah i'd stay away from the weight gainers. I hit them pretty hard trying to bulk and the majority of what I put on was fat

Comment

All commerical weight gainers are a joke. Make your own:

15oz milk (or water)
        2 scoops natural peanut buter
        1/3 cup oats (cooked or raw)
        2 scoops whey powder
        1 tablespoon flax or fish oil

Blend and enjoy

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
            All commerical weight gainers are a joke.
            I don't think I'd say that. This one is really decent from the standpoint of the quality of the sources of carbs, protein and fat. I don't buy commercial MRPs when I'm at home but for times when I'm traveling abroad or don't have access to individual shake ingredients, the MHP Up Your Mass is nutritionally sound.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mhp/mass.html

Comment

I would say that and Ill say it again all commerical weight gainers are a joke. MHP's is one of the better ones, but still no where near comparable as a homemade shake, still a joke.

58g of carbs? How much of that you want to guess is malto? Ill guess 90% of it.
              Last edited by YellowJacket; 04-30-05, 10:15 PM.

Comment

58g of carbs? How much of that you want to guess is malto? Ill guess 90% of it.
                As a matter of fact, maltodextrin is not even on the ingredient list. The first ingredient is what they call their low glycemic carb blend, which consists of barley, oats and oat fiber-and you can see these things when you mix it.
                So, my guess is 0%.

Comment

Maltodextrin technically does not have to be listed because of it's place on the Glycemic Index...... so guess again.

Comment

Maltodextrin technically does not have to be listed because of it's place on the Glycemic Index...... so guess again.
                    Good point, well then I guess it's somewhere between your very incorrect guess and my joking guess. Either way, this shake provides a convenient MRP with quality nutritional sources.

Comment

Either way, commerical weight gainers are a joke.

Comment

So what's wrong with Muscle Milk?

Comment

Muscle Milk isnt bad, its more a meal replacement, Im anti-weight gainers.

Comment

Muscle Milk isnt bad, its more a meal replacement, Im anti-weight gainers.
                            Ok, this stuff is addicting and I just didn't want you to tell me anything bad that may prevent me from buying it again. :D

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
                              Ok, this stuff is addicting and I just didn't want you to tell me anything bad that may prevent me from buying it again. :D
                              Shit, we'd have to form a support group to get most people off MM....

Comment

Working...
                              X