Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trio-Plex MRB

http://store.yahoo.com/vigorous/chjatrba12pe.html

Just wanted to get your opinion on these. I know shakes are better, but I started a second job building a house during the day for the summer. I don't have a way to keep anything cold. Well we go 4-6 hours at a time and I have nothing to eat. I was wondering if these were a decent choice or if I should just find something else. I am bulking. As an alternative I was thinking of the protien pudding from PN.

i eat the trio plex bars there good 30g protein and there heavy they will fill u up taste great just need to have sometyhing to drink with them a lil dry my perosonal favorites r the very berry and coockie dough chocolate chip

Comment

My favorite is the raison roll. They look good to me, but I am still learining alot when it comes to nutrition content details.

Comment

cinnamon raisin is definately my favorite, i would give them a try or at least include a box in your order

Comment

The macronutrient breakdown is pretty awful, but if youre bulking I suppose it wont do too mcuh harm. Id opt for a can of tuna or something (whole food) of that nature, but..... I suppose on occassion they arent the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Trio-plex has been through some issues due to their labeling. It seems that were doing the same thing that designer whey was doing to their bars; putting false nutrition facts. If you have always eaten trio-plex bars you will now notice a change in taste and the nutrition facts are different. They have a lot more fat, saturated fat and sugars than they used.

I don't trust protein bars at all, they are all junk. I'd rather pack a sandwhich or something.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
              The macronutrient breakdown is pretty awful, but if youre bulking I suppose it wont do too mcuh harm. Id opt for a can of tuna or something (whole food) of that nature, but..... I suppose on occassion they arent the worst thing in the world.
              Thanks, I will find something else. I don't want to eat something just becuase it won't really hurt. I want to eat something to help. What did you think about the protien pudding?

Comment

Protein pudding seems decent, but it would get pricey I would imagine.... theres a recipe floating around here somewhere for homemade bars..... let me look around

Comment

I have resorted to making a shake with warm water in the past and it still mixes fine but the taste leaves a lot to be desired. I like MHP Up Your Mass for a weight gaining shake and VPX Micellean bioactive superfood for a maintenance/cutting shake. I do a ton of travelling long distance where I am on a plane for 10+hrs so shakes are an easy option. I have done cans of chicken breast or tuna before but the shake is carbs and protein. The MHP even has healthy fats added (omega 3's)! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X