YJ and House1..help my brothers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ and House1..help my brothers..

Ok, I got the digestive enzymes that house is always talking about. I have been having bloating, heartburn, and just general discomfort threwout the day due to all my meals. Anyway, my question is, what is the dosage for someone eating 7-9 meals a day? It says on the bottle to take them before every meal. Should I follow that advice?

Here is a list of whats in this product.

Each serving contains:

Cellulase 200 FCC units

Hemicellulase 500 FCC units

Diatase 300 FCC units

Lactase 500 FCC units

Amylase 3000 SKB units

Protease 300 FCC units

Lipase 500 L units

Bromelain 10 GD units

Papain 10000 NFP units

Betaine Hydrochloride 100mg

L. acidophilus (200,000,000 cells when manufactured)

Let me know what my dosage should be and such. Thanks

Couple of questions:

1. How big are these meals? Approx. how many calories?
    2. Do you notice discomfort/bloating with every meal?

I would say I have a good bit of knowledge with digestive enzymes and this is an area of interest to me. Certainly anything taken in abundance has the potential for sides, although the ingredients are natural. My quasi-expert opinion would be to break up the doses into around 3 a day, and certainly one of those being before the largestm eal you'll eat.

Contraindications of digestive enzymes are things like diarrhea, hemochromatosis (which is an iron overload), and make sure you do not take digestive enzymes with any time released medications.....

Get back to me...

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
      Couple of questions:

1. How big are these meals? Approx. how many calories?
      2. Do you notice discomfort/bloating with every meal?

I would say I have a good bit of knowledge with digestive enzymes and this is an area of interest to me. Certainly anything taken in abundance has the potential for sides, although the ingredients are natural. My quasi-expert opinion would be to break up the doses into around 3 a day, and certainly one of those being before the largestm eal you'll eat.

Contraindications of digestive enzymes are things like diarrhea, hemochromatosis (which is an iron overload), and make sure you do not take digestive enzymes with any time released medications.....

Get back to me...
      My meals are all around 500 cals. Things like chicken and rice, tuna and oatmeal, steak and salad. shit like that.

the funny thing is, i really notice the discomfort about 4-5 hours after i eat brown rice. have you ever heard of people having problems with brown rice? lol.

and no, i dont notice discomfort after every meal.

Comment

take for example the other day. i didnt have brown rice and i had no problems. i have never heard of such a thing.

Comment

by the way, the doc thinks i have IBS due to stress.

Comment

IBS lingered in my mind, but I would never openly say it as I am not qualified to do so. I have noticed some discomfort after high protein meals, as theyre a bit more complicated to digest and have been shown to 'irritate' the gastric tract....

Comment

bouncer , take one halfway through each meal -- thats how my diet guy has me taking them and it works very well -

be prepared to go to the bathroom more

Comment

bouncer, trade your brown rice for white basmati rice -- i cant stomach brown rice either so the white basmati was my alternative and have had no problems with it

Comment

Originally posted by house1
                  bouncer , take one halfway through each meal -- thats how my diet guy has me taking them and it works very well -

be prepared to go to the bathroom more
                  Whats the difference between taking them at the start of a meal or halfway threw? Let me know. thanks
                  Last edited by house1; 07-19-05, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X