Emperical Feedback Regarding NAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperical Feedback Regarding NAC

I know I usually throw out a half dozen studies (and I do have the) on supplements, especially ones I am passionate about their efficacy, like NAC. Well due to financial cotraints, I have been off NAC since around Feb. Call this irony, call it bullshit, whatever you want, but as of right now, I have a serious common cold and not even 2 weeks ago I got over a mild case of strep throat. I have been sick at least one week out of each of the last months in Feb, albeit a slight cold, a sore throat, aches related to fever, etc.

So it may be all in my head, but it seems ever since I dropped NAC from the diet I get sick a lot like I used to. I have an appt. to get blood work done on Friday to insure its just colds Im getting and to make sure I have no problems with my immune system, as Im beginning to get worried with all the sickness in the warmer months. If this were December, Id pass it off as the cold weather but its odd Im getting sick often in May, June & now July...

Back to the point though, I was sick-free for around 2 years while on NAC, Im not sure if my immune system began relying on it, but I plan to e-order as soon as the finances allow me to..

Thanks for reading the mindless YJ ramblings :)

How does this compare to ALCAR?

Comment

They are similar in their anti-oxidant properties and their protection against oxidative damage but NAC directly converts to glutathione which has been shown to boost the immune system, help regenrate liver cells and protect against heavy metal poisonings. I have used both, sometimes in combination with one another and damn, I miss those days.

Comment

Working...
      X