Water retention/My diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water retention/My diet

Whats up everyone? This board is great and full of information. I have a few questions im sure you guys can help me out with. Ive been training for about 5 months, 6 days a week for about 3 hours plus each day. Ive been following the MHP Macrobolic 45/35/20 rule and from what I feel have achieved some good results. Im planning on posting my entire workout soon for some feeback so I can fine tune my training. My stats are the following. Im 23, 208lbs, 6', B.M.I. of 28.8 and my bodyfat as of yesterday was 13%. I follow the Marcobolic diet all day long. My supplement intake takes place first thing in the morning with an MHP MRP after my workout ill have another. Before I go to bed Ill take MHP Probolic protein. Before my workout I always have a pack of Salmon and two scoops of 2% cottage cheese. I drink a lot of water throughout the day. My question is about water retention. I know its extremely important to take in plenty of water however I feel like im blotted by the end of the day. I like how I look in the morning if I sleep in later. What are your opinions on MHP's Xpel? What are your opinions on my supplement timing? Should I use an MRP after the gym? Is there something better I can take afterwards instead of an MRP? Thanks for your helps guys!!

Matt

Holy MHP! Dude, you're wasting a lot of money on supplements when you could do better with solid foods. I'd be interested in seeing your entire diet and training routine. I do like the Probolic before bed. However, before your workout, you should add some carbs to that meal for energy during your workout. If you want to replace your pwo MRP, try making your own by mixing a whey protein with dextrose and maltodextrin--much cheaper than a MRP.
    As far as the Xpel, why do you want to take that? You need a lot of water and if you feel terribly bloated, maybe you should just drink less water. 1-1.5 gallons per day should be sufficient. I definitely wouldn't want to take a diuretic every day!

Comment

I would like to see your diet and workout routine as well.

Also, I would not recommend the slow release protein (casein) right before your workout (or after for that fact). The salmon should have enough protein for you to be able to absorb efficiently and if you add in the carbs BBaddict mentioned (post wo) you should be perfectly fine. In addition, your MHP MRP in the morning could be replaced with 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of oats and water. I know you haven't posted your entire diet but it looks like it could use an overhaul that would benefit your wallet and your training regime.

As for the bloating and liking the way you look in the morning - I think almost EVERYONE likes the way they look in the morning as opposed to the end of the day after consuming 3500-5000 calories and 1-1.5 gallons of water. It's a given that your definition etc will look better after 8-10 hours of sleep.

Post your workout routine too - I am anxious to see what it consists of - "6 days a week for about 3 hours plus each day" is probably killing your recovery. It's highly likely that you are OVERTRAINING.
      Last edited by coffee-guy; 08-06-05, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        It's highly likely that you are OVERTRAINING.
        I disagree. :P There's no way that's not overtraining-is it possible to train 3hrs a day, 6days a week and not be overtraining?!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
          I disagree. :P There's no way that's not overtraining-is it possible to train 3hrs a day, 6days a week and not be overtraining?!!
          You never know - maybe he is a Gold's Member and works forearms and neck for 2 hours a day like most of their folks.

I used to see these two high school kids in there every afternoon. Their apparent routine was as follows

1. Bench Press
          2. Shrugs (between the bench press sets)
          3. Forearms
          4. Hammer Curls

EVERY SINGLE DAY - the same order - the same weight - the same form - it was hilarious...

Comment

1. Bench Press
            3. Forearms
            4. Hammer Curls

EVERY SINGLE DAY - the same order - the same weight - the same form - it was hilarious...

its funny cause there some high school kids at my gym who have the same routine.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
              Holy MHP! Dude, you're wasting a lot of money on supplements when you could do better with solid foods. I'd be interested in seeing your entire diet and training routine. I do like the Probolic before bed. However, before your workout, you should add some carbs to that meal for energy during your workout. If you want to replace your pwo MRP, try making your own by mixing a whey protein with dextrose and maltodextrin--much cheaper than a MRP.
              As far as the Xpel, why do you want to take that? You need a lot of water and if you feel terribly bloated, maybe you should just drink less water. 1-1.5 gallons per day should be sufficient. I definitely wouldn't want to take a diuretic every day!
              Hahaha I would agree these supplements arent cheap either. Ive been using the MRP's because in the morning I dont have time to make egg whites and oats, when I can I def do however the MRP gives me quick good nutrition. I made a pound of whole wheat pasta the other day and have been adding 2 ounces (35g) to my PWO meal of cottage cheese and salmon. I can definately feel a difference in my energy level. As far as the Xpel I think im just anxious to see what I look like without all the additional water. Im looking forward to cutting up in March in the meantime Im going to continue my current diet (which will be my next posting). Whats your recommendation for after my workout, currently I have been having an MRP? You mentioned the whey shake above but that was PWO. I like having a whole meal before my workout. Im also going to continue my water intake I realize how important it is.

Comment

I would like to see your diet and workout routine as well.

Also, I would not recommend the slow release protein (casein) right before your workout (or after for that fact). The salmon should have enough protein for you to be able to absorb efficiently and if you add in the carbs BBaddict mentioned (post wo) you should be perfectly fine. In addition, your MHP MRP in the morning could be replaced with 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of oats and water. I know you haven't posted your entire diet but it looks like it could use an overhaul that would benefit your wallet and your training regime.

As for the bloating and liking the way you look in the morning - I think almost EVERYONE likes the way they look in the morning as opposed to the end of the day after consuming 3500-5000 calories and 1-1.5 gallons of water. It's a given that your definition etc will look better after 8-10 hours of sleep.

Post your workout routine too - I am anxious to see what it consists of - "6 days a week for about 3 hours plus each day" is probably killing your recovery. It's highly likely that you are OVERTRAINING.
                I realize this is a casein protein which is a slow release formula I only take this before bedtime. I dont believe im overtraining I should correct myself I stay 3 hours plus a day but Im also working out with two other partners. Im planning on posting my entire workout routine tonight.

Comment

You never know - maybe he is a Gold's Member and works forearms and neck for 2 hours a day like most of their folks.

I used to see these two high school kids in there every afternoon. Their apparent routine was as follows

1. Bench Press
                  3. Forearms
                  4. Hammer Curls

HAHAHAHA! How did you know? I work out at Bally's sometimes its like a comedy show but I like the gym. The best was when some kid was putting up 70lbs dumbells attempting to workout his chest and dropped it right on his balls. :rolleyes:

Comment

Thanks for all the responses so far im looking forward to posting my entire diet and workout routine later tonight. Ill be sure to post them in the appropriate forum. Ill toss the links in here too when I post.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X