Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eas Phosphagen or Prolab Monohydrate Creatine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eas Phosphagen or Prolab Monohydrate Creatine?

I'm done with Celltech for a while if not forever, im gonna just get the creatine part of it.

so which one of these should i get, cuz i know a lot of people who take the prolab creatine but i have been hearing a lot about the phosphagen creatine by eas.

any suggestions as to which creatine i should go with? and fyi, im going to wait a coupe weeks between when i end the cell tech tub and when i start the new creatine cuz i hear the cycling is the best.

Different people respond to different creatines. I personally don't see a lot of effects of creatine monohydrate. I like Dymatize Xpand and SAN V12 Turbo. I've also heard a lot of good stuff about Syntrax Swole V2. Those are all alternative forms of creatine that nonresponders may see a benefit from. CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) is the latest craze, but I don't have experience with that either. I personally would wait a little on that to see if there's more definitive results posted on the boards or in studies. Either way, the best creatine for you is gonna depend on how your body responds to different forms of creatine. Good luck!
    P.S. Glad to hear you're gonna stop wasting you money on Celltech!

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
      Those are all alternative forms of creatine that nonresponders may see a benefit from. CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) is the latest craze, but I don't have experience with that either.
      I just got back on the CEE two days ago when I ran out of mono. Big difference. I felt that before, but I got some mono for free so I switched up. I'll be sticking with the CEE from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
        I just got back on the CEE two days ago when I ran out of mono. Big difference. I felt that before, but I got some mono for free so I switched up. I'll be sticking with the CEE from now on.
        Thanks for the info--I'll have to try CEE next time i order creatine. I got a 5lb jug of monohydrate at a bodybuilding show I went to--too bad I don't use it-it would last forever! I went off creatine when I was trying to lose weight cause I didn't want any of that water retention, but now I'm free to weigh whatever I want to. I'm already 15lbs over what I was at weigh-ins 3wks ago!

Comment

Thanks for the info--I'll have to try CEE next time i order creatine. I got a 5lb jug of monohydrate at a bodybuilding show I went to--too bad I don't use it-it would last forever! I went off creatine when I was trying to lose weight cause I didn't want any of that water retention, but now I'm free to weigh whatever I want to. I'm already 15lbs over what I was at weigh-ins 3wks ago!
          Sounds like you been grubbing after cutting that weight. That's the beauty of CEE, no water retention. Even though the water is good for anabolism, I just don't like the smooth look.

Comment

CEE is good stuff, gotta get back to it. Been a while

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake

i like the CEE far better than regular creatine as well.

Comment

I have a question about creatine ethyl ester hcl. BBAddict, i think you said one time you are involved in the teeth industry... you know something to do with teeth and what not, i cant remember what it was.... so maybe you have some knowledge here. Every time I drink a glass of cee hcl, I get a weird feeling on my teeth. similar to after drinking a lot of sugary soda. Since hcl no doubt corrodes the enamel of teeth (its acid...), how much of a risk does drinking this 4x a week pose to my dental health? I always brush after to minimize damage, but I'm still unsure if its safe for my teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by glowalla
                  Every time I drink a glass of cee hcl, I get a weird feeling on my teeth. similar to after drinking a lot of sugary soda.
                  Its because acidic liquids removes protective films on the surface of the enamel that protect the enamel--that's why they feel squeaky clean, but it's really a very bad thing. Those layers maintain the proper chemical environment for the tooth. Theres actually an article coming out in Nature, a scientific magazine, called "Squeaky Clean? Not if it's your teeth!" that I contributed on!
                  Since hcl no doubt corrodes the enamel of teeth (its acid...), how much of a risk does drinking this 4x a week pose to my dental health?
                  Quite honestly, drinking orange juice does the same kind of thing--it creates a negative pH in the mouth that removes protective protein layers on the teeth. The key is that your saliva restores the proper chemistry over time
                  I always brush after to minimize damage, but I'm still unsure if its safe for my teeth.
                  :eek: That is actually the worst thing you can do. The tooth is exposed because of removing of the protective soft layers over the enamel and softer immediately afterward and should be left alone so that saliva can restore the protein or pellicle layers on the tooth that protect it. The best thing to do is to leave the mouth alone so that it can "heal" itself. I'm sure that it's not terrible as long as you don't brush immediately afterwards.

Now I feel like a nerd! :nerdnew:

Comment

No, you are awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Its because acidic liquids removes protective films on the surface of the enamel that protect the enamel--that's why they feel squeaky clean, but it's really a very bad thing. Those layers maintain the proper chemical environment for the tooth. Theres actually an article coming out in Nature, a scientific magazine, called "Squeaky Clean? Not if it's your teeth!" that I contributed on!

Quite honestly, drinking orange juice does the same kind of thing--it creates a negative pH in the mouth that removes protective protein layers on the teeth. The key is that your saliva restores the proper chemistry over time

:eek: That is actually the worst thing you can do. The tooth is exposed because of removing of the protective soft layers over the enamel and softer immediately afterward and should be left alone so that saliva can restore the protein or pellicle layers on the tooth that protect it. The best thing to do is to leave the mouth alone so that it can "heal" itself. I'm sure that it's not terrible as long as you don't brush immediately afterwards.

:bravonew:

Comment

Department of Operative Dentistry, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand; Department of Operative Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.

OBJECTIVES: The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of acidic food and drinks (Cola soft drink, drinking yogurt, orange juice, sports drink, Tom-yum soup) on surface hardness of various substrates (enamel, dentine, universal composite, microfilled composite, conventional glass ionomer, resin-modified glass ionomer, polyacid-modified resin composite). METHODS: Specimens (n=10) were alternately immersed, 5s each, in food or drinks and in artificial saliva for 10 cycles. Baseline and post-immersion Vickers hardness were compared using paired t-test. The difference in hardness between the groups was analysed with one-way ANOVA followed by a least significant different (LSD) test. RESULTS: Cola soft drink significantly reduced surface hardness of enamel, dentine, microfilled composite, and resin modified glass ionomer (p<0.05). Orange juice and sports drink significantly reduced surface hardness of enamel (p<0.05). Drinking yogurt and Tom-yum soup did not reduce surface hardness of any substrate. CONCLUSION: This in vitro study confirms the erosive potential of certain acidic food and drinks that public should be aware of.

PMID: 16087287 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Comment

Working...
                        X