Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Supplements with helpful but not well known properties!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List Supplements with helpful but not well known properties!

I was always wondering what vitamins or supplements out there can be helpful that are just not widely known, so if you know of any, list them below and I'll throw them in this initial post.

Ginger Root - Helps with the absorbtion of more protein per meal.
    Vitamin C - Supresses cortisol.

You want to be a little more specific than every supplement known to man

Comment

I'm simply talking about supplements that you may know give you an extra benefit that is not well known and highly advertised. If you have a particular one you use in your regimen that you find works then post it.....

Comment

What about it makes it stand out to you?

Comment

Damn, it was like pulling teeth to get you to the point of the thread.

Comment

Papaya Enzyme for digestive purposes and they have a nice flavor for when you are cutting and have no flavor left in your diet (they're sweet like candy)...

Comment

Protien, creatine and water. Kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                The B's and the niacin...Actually, the whole thing itself does...Other one's I take are DHEA, Thistle, Injectable B12(3x's a week), Lysine and saw p...I alternate every month with my vitamins, I take no supplements...
                Do you feel like the DHEA could be breaking down into estrogen or causing you to retain water? Just curious if you like DHEA and if you've tried the DHEA metabolite 7-KETO-DHEA which is supposed to avoid raising estrogen levels?

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
                  Do you feel like the DHEA could be breaking down into estrogen or causing you to retain water? Just curious if you like DHEA and if you've tried the DHEA metabolite 7-KETO-DHEA which is supposed to avoid raising estrogen levels?
                  7-keto-dhea has no effects on estrogen levels. It has effects on suppressing cortisol.

Comment

I could post pics up(again) to show I have no water retention:)

I'm fairly lean these days....My avatar is pretty much what I look like now....
                    I believe you. You look good (I ain't one of these :ghey: ), but after reading that lengthy prohormone thread on here about the body increasing or converting DHEA to test or estrogen...I just wondered why everybody wouldn't just use 7-keto-dhea due to not having the potential for increased estrogen. That may be that many aren't familiar w/7-keto...dunno.

The fact that you don't retain water indicates to me that DHEA doesn't have the water retention, estrogen, cortisol, etc. negative effects on you.

Comment

I could post pics up(again) to show I have no water retention:)
                      Do it.

CoQ10
                      Test indicate that CoQ10 can reduce blood pressure by nearly 10% (Cur Ther Res 1990;47: 841-845). In addition it appears to decrease blood triglycerides, blood fats linked to heart disease and insulin. Tests have also indicated that it can lightly increase HDL.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
                        but after reading that lengthy prohormone thread on here about the body increasing or converting DHEA to test or estrogen...I just wondered why everybody wouldn't just use 7-keto-dhea due to not having the potential for increased estrogen. That may be that many aren't familiar w/7-keto...dunno.

The fact that you don't retain water indicates to me that DHEA doesn't have the water retention, estrogen, cortisol, etc. negative effects on you.
                        You need to do more research on DHEA. DHEA converts to either test or estradiol. Whichever one it just feels like doing for the day. It is the weakest form of a prohormone there is and is virtually worthless other than the fact that it's almost the only one left that's still legal. 7-oxo, or 7-keto-dhea is a metabolite of DHEA, but does not have these conversion properties. It does not convert to anything. All it does is suppress cortisol release in the body. That's why people don't use it, cause it is not a hormone and does not do what DHEA does.

Comment

Scivation products - in particular Xtend BCAAs (highly recommend), & Sesamin

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
                            What do you think about Sesamin? I have read extremely mixed reviews. I am open to try new things, but dont like throwing money away. :cash:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25

What specific benefits did you notice?

Comment

Working...
                              X