Adderall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adderall

I have been lifting for a number of years and in my youth was competative. I recently started taking Adderall and was wondering how this was going to effect muscle growth and/or retention.

Any help would be great.

:hmmm:

Isnt this for ADD? If not mistaken it acts like stimulant.

Comment

From what I know about it, it is supposed to give you crazy energy, so in that sense it might be good pre-workout. I am not too sure about negative effects it has on building muscle though.

Comment

Aderol makes you lose your appetite. it's pretty much perscription cocain. just be sure to eat/drink throughout the day or you will shrivel up

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          :rolleyes:

AS and MEDS do not mix well...lol...You shouldn't be taking gear if you're on meds...
          where did he say he was on AS :hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by rado
            You're a tool:slap:and at least spell right.
            define tool...

adderall
            A-D-D-E-R-A-L-L

"congratulations eyecandy, you have won the worlds spelling bee!"

:nerdnew:

Comment

an example...

A family member of mine was overweight and had symptoms of depression. Upon going to the psyciatrist, she learned that she had add. She was then prescribed ADDERALL. After about a month and a half she had lost anywhere from 20-35 lbs. As well as losing a ton of weight, she became very very talkative; not to mention that she had a very hard time falling asleep at night.
              I'm not saying that adderall doesn't help those with add...
              the symptoms just seem pretty familiar.
              :dancingne

Comment

Adderall??? What are you high???

Comment

Don't know if you've found your answer, but Adderall IS a mixture of Amphetamine salts(DL-Amphetamine)....

Telling you from personal experience, stop taking this shit! To make a long story short, after a year of taking it as prescribed, it started messing with my vision and making me really depressed upon taking my morning dose, and not to mention making me feel strung out....

Amphetamines are highly catabolic, so to answer your question, yes it will effect muscle growth.

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandy_44
                    Aderol makes you lose your appetite. it's pretty much perscription cocain. just be sure to eat/drink throughout the day or you will shrivel up

How do you figure its "like prescription cocaine"? Its an amphetamine.....

Comment

some people's kids... i had a friend like that, he said try some of this pcp, it's pretty much magic mushrooms. boy was he wrong. :devil:

Comment

i take adderall and i eat just fine. besides feeling a bit anxious in the afternoons on the days i have nothing to do, it works great. its been helping in school and helps me concentrate more when i work out. i dont get distracted as much so i can finish my workout more efficiently.
                        :D

Comment

its Ephedrine like no biggie...it got popular for a little while.

Comment

hey everyone.
                            im just following up on what i posted earlier in this thread and i find myself having to take back what i said about the adderrall not having such a negative effect on me.

couple weeks ago i had 2 very dizzy spells one day,felt faint & lightheaded almost to the point of me passing out, then the same thing happened the next day. almost at the same time. this has never happened to me before so i questioned if it could be because of the my meds (2 which have sides of dizziness or feeling faint or w/e), my diet, or a combination of both. i went to my doctor that prescribed me the adderrall and told him about the problem. he told me i should get an Electrocardiogram (ekg). today i had my appointment and went in and the did the ekg. the doctor did alot of palpation around my heart and was listening to it alot with the stethescope (sp?). he didnt give me any good info or much info at all. he looked worried so i asked him about the results of the ekg and he told me that my resting heart rate is as high as someone who is working out.

i have to go back in to get an usltrasound of my heart and i have to wear a heart monitor for 24hrs and record things through out the day. im kind of worried. im hoping its all because of the adderall. im at a pretty high dose (80 mgs).

i noticed my heart beating really hard and fast yesterday while working out but didnt pay attention to it for long and finished my workout. now im hesitant to go work out because of this new information, especially since today is leg day.

im posting this because im just looking for some feedback and i wanna know what you guys think about the whole situation.any and all suggestions or advice is welcome

Comment

Working...
                            X