K-RALA Opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-RALA Opinions ?

I've been reading where R-ALA is better than standard ALA due to the mixture of S-ALA (synthetic polymer) & R-ALA (naturally occurring) because S-ALA reduces the potency. However, R-ALA is not stable and can break down quickly in the body. K-RALA on paper is better because the potassium stabilizes the R-ALA and makes it more available for the body.

Does anybody have an opinion on it? I'm guessing this is one of those things that you're not going to see a big difference visually. You just have to trust it & maybe over time you can see a difference.

Also, I'm using Protein Factory K-RALA. Any thoughts on their products? I'm hoping this stuff isn't just a sugar capsule. These capsules taste kind of sweet, so I took one apart and it tasted like sugar. My GF gave me shit over that because medications in pill form are made to release or dissolve slowly in your body, blah blah blah, but this was a gelatin cap and was going to release suddenly anyway.

Hmm - I haven taken R-ALA as well - as opposed to ALA - but I didn't know anything about a K-RALA....

Thanks for bringing it up - I'll look into it...

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
      Hmm - I haven taken R-ALA as well - as opposed to ALA - but I didn't know anything about a K-RALA....

Thanks for bringing it up - I'll look into it...
      Always seems like there is something new and this or that has been found to effective/ineffective. A lot of stuff to weed through, but here is to trying.

I've found these products contain large concentrations of K-R-ALA. Whether they are good or not who knows...maybe YJ will chim in...

Nutrabolics InsuLean K
      Designer Supplements Glucophase XR
      Protein Factory K-RALA

Comment

Sure is...

I think I'm just going to stop the gym, the supplements and the diet. See where that gets me :P

Thanks SOB :)

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone View Post
          I've been reading where R-ALA is better than standard ALA due to the mixture of S-ALA (synthetic polymer) & R-ALA (naturally occurring) because S-ALA reduces the potency. However, R-ALA is not stable and can break down quickly in the body. K-RALA on paper is better because the potassium stabilizes the R-ALA and makes it more available for the body.

Does anybody have an opinion on it? I'm guessing this is one of those things that you're not going to see a big difference visually. You just have to trust it & maybe over time you can see a difference.

Also, I'm using Protein Factory K-RALA. Any thoughts on their products? I'm hoping this stuff isn't just a sugar capsule. These capsules taste kind of sweet, so I took one apart and it tasted like sugar. My GF gave me shit over that because medications in pill form are made to release or dissolve slowly in your body, blah blah blah, but this was a gelatin cap and was going to release suddenly anyway.
          Again, I know this is an old thread but just in case you are still around and interested:

R-ALA is more effective than just ALA because ALA is a 1:1 (racemic) mixture. The receptors in your body will take the R form but not the S form. Both are natural isomers of the compound.

It's like your right and left hands; both look the same in terms of size and general form (palm, 4 fingers and a thumb) but if you try to superimpose both hands with palms down, you can't. The thumbs stick out. Your right hand is a mirror image of your left. Molecules can be like that too. S-ALA and R-ALA are non-superimposable mirror images of each other. Molecules that have mirror images are called chiral molecules. Most of the receptors in the human body for almost anything are chiral as well and will prefer one mirror image over the other. trying to fit the wrong isomer in a receptor is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. It just doesn't fit well.

So, to recap, only half of a dose of ALA is useful and that is why R-ALA is better. The potassium salt is more temperature stable and that is likely why the salt is preferred. Shipping the free acid in hot temps could easily destroy or at least degrade the R-ALA before it could even get to you. Also, the shit tastes like battery acid. Nothing I am aware of will hide the taste. If what you have doesn't taste that bad and that strong, it isn't R-ALA (or even just ALA). ALA or R-ALA is a light yellow crystalline material; not a powder. The K salt is also very hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air ) and very quickly becomes a sticky mess when exposed to air. The free acid is less so but will still absorb water and get sticky at a much slower rate.

As a liver protecting supp, I love R-ala. I used to buy it in bulk and fill 000 gelcaps with it. That's the only way I could handle the taste. I tried putting just 100 mgs in a quart of protein shake once and had to throw the whole thing out. It STILL tasted like battery acid. Get yourself a 000 CAP-M-QUICK and go to town, LOL.

Comment

Can't remember where but I read r-ala can have a negative impact on blood sugar levels and make you more prone to diabetes. I'll look for article in the morning.

Comment

R-ALA is garbage..its suppose to help with making you insulin sensitive.. I definitely didn't feel right on them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                Can't remember where but I read r-ala can have a negative impact on blood sugar levels and make you more prone to diabetes. I'll look for article in the morning.
                I hadn't heard that. I would like to see the article. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                  R-ALA is garbage..its suppose to help with making you insulin sensitive.. I definitely didn't feel right on them

I never used it to moderate insulin. I just used it as a liver protectant when on orals. My liver values never deviated from normal when taking R-ALA and D-bol so I assumed it must be working, lol.

The only time I took an oral without taking R-ALA, I took superdrol and within 3 weeks, my liver values were out of whack. I know, different orals so apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by BowHunter View Post
                    I never used it to moderate insulin. I just used it as a liver protectant when on orals. My liver values never deviated from normal when taking R-ALA and D-bol so I assumed it must be working, lol.

The only time I took an oral without taking R-ALA, I took superdrol and within 3 weeks, my liver values were out of whack. I know, different orals so apples and oranges.
                    Well superdrol is the most toxic "pro hormone" so even with ALA..i don't think it would of protect it; however I never heard ALA protecting the liver

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                      Well superdrol is the most toxic "pro hormone" so even with ALA..i don't think it would of protect it; however I never heard ALA protecting the liver

Yeah it was all the rage like 10 yrs ago. It is a fantastic antioxidant. Chemically that makes sense because of the sulfer atoms in the molecule (sulfer is a good reducing agent)

That's also what makes N-acetyl cysteine a good antioxidant liver protectant.

Comment

Working...
                      X