Nighttime Protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nighttime Protein?

Ok guys, after doin a little research on tis site, i have a ques. at night around 10:30pm i am taking my Isopure Whey Protein and mixing it with Skim Milk. The reason i am doing that is i want a slow digestion protein, and i know that milk has Casein in it. So, should i keep doing that or should I take PM Protein.

Take casein at night. Milk will not significantly slow the digestion of the whey. All it will really do is slow gastric emptying. Also, milk is moderately high in simple carbs.

Comment

Whey is not a good choice before bed.

Comment

Isopure is a Whey Protein Isolate. Very fast absorbing. Much better off with a slow absorbing protein powder or food source such as cottage cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          Isopure is a Whey Protein Isolate. Very fast absorbing. Much better off with a slow absorbing protein powder or food source such as cottage cheese.
          Ya, but like i said, i am mixing it in milk (which has Casein), that should slow it down a lot cuz after i drink it i am not hungry and i sleep easily. When i am hungry when i sleep i dream about Subway for some reason and wake up every fuckin 5 minutes with bad stomach pain. Ya i could take PM Protein, since i work at GNC i get 30% off, PM Protein is $29.99, so i pay $21 :dancingne

Comment

what i think they're trying to say is the casein and the whey will work independently

the whey will absorb quickly and the small amount of casein you'll find in skim milk will last a while which is less effective as it could be

i would recommend buying some cottage cheese or casein protein

Comment

milk has a 80/20 whey/casein ration. If you use a 8oz of milk to make your shake thats 8g of protein from milk. Only 2g of that will be casein protein, the rest will be whey.

Comment

I just consume another shake when I wake up in the middle of the night. I wake up around the same time every night, so it works out well.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488
                  Ok guys, after doin a little research on tis site, i have a ques. at night around 10:30pm i am taking my Isopure Whey Protein and mixing it with Skim Milk. The reason i am doing that is i want a slow digestion protein, and i know that milk has Casein in it. So, should i keep doing that or should I take PM Protein.

most of my athletes who like it eat cottage cheese before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin
                    most of my athletes who like it eat cottage cheese before bed.
                    Most of us that don't like the taste eat it before bed too.

Comment

Working...
                    X