Fish Oil Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curls4dGirls
    10 - 15 caps / day depending on the mix of meals for that day. For example, grilled chicked and sweet potatos only has 3 g of fat. So, I add 5 or 6 fish oil caps to that meal. If I eat a meal with salmon or beef, I don't add any fish oil caps.
    got ya. thanks

Comment

has an one exp. any whitehead from this......

Comment

sorry to sound like a mong, but why take fish oil?

Comment

Originally posted by towney_04
          sorry to sound like a mong, but why take fish oil?
          why eat the whole fish when you can have the oil?

where the fuk are you from...?

Comment

Originally posted by blm
            I think the difference is very minimal.
            not really bro. fish oil is a direct source of EPA and DHA, flax is not. flax gives your body the ingredients to convert to EPA and DHA. the problem is, the body does this conversion very poorly and it many cases does not convert at all.
            Last edited by Bouncer; 07-21-07, 09:31 AM.

Comment

i recently started getting the Acid Reflux again from the fish oil. i did some searches on google and found that putting them in the freezer as poster #13 in this thread pointed out will prevent this. something about the caps breaking down before they even reach the stomach and thus causing acid reflux. by freezing them, the caps make it further down into the stomach and the reflux is eliminated. i am going to give this a try today,

there is also Enteric Coated Fish Oil caps. Basically the enteric coating is the same ph as the stomach acid and it doesn't break down. once it hits the non acidic environment of the small intestine, it breaks down immediately. this removes the chance of fish burps, acid reflux, and bloating.

i will give the freezer option a try first. if that doesn't work i will go with the enteric caps.

Comment

so far so good with the freezer thing. took 10 fish oil caps today and no burps or acid reflux.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  not really bro. fish oil is a direct source of EPA and DHA, flax is not. flax gives your body the ingredients to convert to EPA and DHA. the problem is, the body does this conversion very poorly and it many cases does not convert at all.
                  it took you 5 months to discover this? :bravonew:

that is good to know though, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    Started taking it again and now I remember why I stopped. It gives me heartburn and burps that taste like I just ate a raw salmon. I took 1 gram with a meal and it is still as bad as ever. Anyway to stop the heartburn from this?

ive had some brands do this but brand im using now does not and its cheap.

Comment

Freeze it.. And no more burps

Comment

Working...
                      X