ON protein and MRPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ON protein and MRPs

So I have found that I can only really stomach Optimum Nutritions chocolate flavor protein. I also have their fruit punch and I have to choke it down. First, how does the cookies and cream compare?

Second, what do you guys think about these MRP's. I know they arent great for cutting season but sometimes I get stuck at work and need something. comments?

• 45 grams of a superior blend of WHEY Protein Isolates, Concentrates, and Hydrolysates.
    • 25 vitamins and essential minerals provides over 10 grams of BCAAs.
    • Offers a 2.25 : 1 Protein-to-Carbohydrate ratio.

Product Profile:
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 290
    Calories from Fat 30
    Total Fat 4g 6%
    Saturated Fat 2g 9%
    Cholesterol 85mg 28%
    Sodium 470mg 20%
    Potassium 520mg 15%
    Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 17%
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 45g 90%
    Vitamin A 25%
    Vitamin C 50%
    Calcium 60%
    Iron 35%
    Vitamin E 50%
    Thiamin 25%
    Riboflavin 50%
    Niacin 25%
    Vitamin B6 25%
    Folic Acid 25%
    Vitamin B12 25%
    Biotin 25%
    Pantothenic Acid 25%
    Phosphorus 35%
    Iodine 25%
    Magnesium 35%
    Zinc 25%
    Selenium 15%
    Copper 35%
    Manganese 50%
    Chromium 40%
    Molybdenum 35%
    Chloride 15%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Ingredients: Protein Blend (WHEY Protein Concentrate, WHEY Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed WHEY Peptides), Maltodextrin, Cocoa, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Natural & Artificial Flavor, Vitamin/Mineral Blend (diMagnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, triCalcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Ferric Orthophosphate, d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Boron Proteinate, Maltodextrin, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Molybdenum AA Chelate, Selenomethionine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Beta Carotene, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin), Brown Rice Syrup Solids, Salt, Sucralose (Splenda® Brand), Acesulfame Potassium, Aminogen®, Carbogen®, Lactase.
    Aminogen® and Carbogen® are registered trademarks of Triarco Industries, Inc.
    Allergen Information: Contains soy, egg, corn, and dairy ingredients.

DIRECTIONS: Mix the contents of this packet in a shaker cup filled with 14-16 oz. of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. For a thick milkshake-like consistency, add 4-6 ice cubes and mix in an electric blender.

Serving Size: 1 packet (76 g)

This will sound pretty redundant but make your own MRP's...

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
      So I have found that I can only really stomach Optimum Nutritions chocolate flavor protein. I also have their fruit punch and I have to choke it down. First, how does the cookies and cream compare?

Have you tried the chocolate mint....it's not as rich as the plain choc and tastes great imo. The cookies and cream is good, but I got tired of it pretty quick.

Comment

I don't remember what flavor it was but something I bought from ON was the most disgusting thing I've ever had - had to trash it. I *think* it was vanilla....

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
          I don't remember what flavor it was but something I bought from ON was the most disgusting thing I've ever had - had to trash it. I *think* it was vanilla....

Their vanilla damn near made me puke....

Comment

Originally posted by blm
            Their vanilla damn near made me puke....
            Good - it wasn't just me then - ick...

Comment

The strawberry sucks too . :megaphone .I think I'll try the cookies n cream next ....

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR
                The strawberry sucks too . :megaphone .I think I'll try the cookies n cream next ....
                Please stop back by and let me know if it's worthy :D

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                  Please stop back by and let me know if it's worthy :D

LOL I'll do just that sweetcheeks ... :slap: lol

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                    This will sound pretty redundant but make your own MRP's...

I make my own when I can, especially when I'm bulking but I was looking for something where I can have a packet in my truck and a few at work just in case. I work full time and I'm in law school, and now I'm single so I dont have much time for cooking anything extra. I'm stressing getting my chicken and rice cooked.

Does the ON mint taste anything like AllTheWhey's choc. mint? I couldnt make myself drink it. I think it was something with the fake sugar. Made my body think I was drinking the crap you get for a CT scan.

I think I'll get chocolate and cookies and cream as soon as I can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
                      Have you tried the chocolate mint....it's not as rich as the plain choc and tastes great imo. The cookies and cream is good, but I got tired of it pretty quick.

I agree.... Im not even 1/3 through this 5lb tub and Im pretty over it.

Comment

why did you post the nutrional label. you also listed a combined 2 servings 2scoops.

ON is overfuckingrated THESE flavors suck rocky road has a medicine taste to it, choc. mint is horrible and i like mint flavoring, strawberry too sweet, cookies n cream is a nightmere tastes like fuking splenda.

so choc. or vanilla (which is mediocre)

actually i think alltheywhey.com is better i only had there mint and chocolate.
                        Last edited by NYCmitch25; 03-28-07, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                          Does the ON mint taste anything like AllTheWhey's choc. mint? I couldnt make myself drink it. I think it was something with the fake sugar. Made my body think I was drinking the crap you get for a CT scan.
                          Yuck - I don't like their chocolate mint either...

Comment

I just use the regular chocolate. Not the best but not bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
                              why did you post the nutrional label. you also listed a combined 2 servings 2scoops.

ON is overfuckingrated THESE flavors suck rocky road has a medicine taste to it, choc. mint is horrible and i like mint flavoring, strawberry too sweet, cookies n cream is a nightmere tastes like fuking splenda.

so choc. or vanilla (which is mediocre)

actually i think alltheywhey.com is better i only had there mint and chocolate.

I think you're just that guy on board that has to say everything sucks, lol.

ON's choc mint is great. I've been drinking it for 3yrs now and I can still stomach it...that says a lot to me. It tastes like smooth lightly mint flavored chocolate milk to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X