Multi-vitamin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-vitamin??

So I finished a bottle of that Mega-Men MV from GNC a few weeks ago. (Only because I got it from a friend for free. I can't afford that shit.) Other than that I've always taken just plain ol' Centrum Performance from the grocery store. I can't really afford anything too expensive. Is the Centrum stuff good enough even though I'm lifting 6 days a week? If there is anything out there that would work better and won't break my wallet feel free to let me know.
    Last edited by The_Grinder; 10-10-07, 11:27 PM.

Centrum is crap. I use the GNC vits, "only thing I use from there".

Comment

Well, the GNC stuff is too expensive for me. Narrowed it down to these two from the bodybuilding.com store and was wondering which was better in some of your opinions....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/adam.html
      Last edited by The_Grinder; 10-10-07, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder
        Well, the GNC stuff is too expensive for me. Narrowed it down to these two from the bodybuilding.com store and was wondering which was better in some of your opinions....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/adam.html
        there are a whole bunch of good brands. optimum has a good one also.

buy from allsportsnutrition bro, support the board. http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/index.php?cPath=25

Comment

I don't take a multi vitamin, i just eat shitloads of vege's a day. I used to take the GNC stuff, and in the mornings when i took it, i ended up pissing all that out. I am thinkin that f i jump back on a multi, that i split the pill 4 ways, and take 2 pre workout and 2 post workout. how does that sound???

Comment

from what i understand (i can already feel the flames) the only time you truly need a multi vit is when you are creating a caloric deficit. otherwise you should get all the nutrients and vits you need through food. (assuming you are eating a balanced diet)

that being said i take centrum complete or whatever for the hell of it

Comment

it is almost impossible to get ALL the vits and minerals you need every day from food alone if you are a serous weight lifter.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                it is almost impossible to get ALL the vits and minerals you need every day from food alone if you are a serous weight lifter.

Really, how is that so, just curious. My meal #'s 4 and 5 contain about 5oz of steamed mixed vege's along wit 3oz of spinach wit kidney beans mixed into it. F thats not enough vits and minerals, than i don't what is.

Comment

whats better liquid or pill form vits? :hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by curtus e flush
                    whats better liquid or pill form vits? :hmmm:
                    There was a post on tis. Hope tis helps

http://superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=34020

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488
                      Really, how is that so, just curious. My meal #'s 4 and 5 contain about 5oz of steamed mixed vege's along wit 3oz of spinach wit kidney beans mixed into it. F thats not enough vits and minerals, than i don't what is.
                      do you honestly think every single vitamin and mineral can be found in some spinach and beans? you would need to consume all kind of different foods in large quantities to get what your body really needs.

Comment

do you honestly think every single vitamin and mineral can be found in some spinach and beans? you would need to consume all kind of different foods in large quantities to get what your body really needs.

True, i don't believe every single vit and mineral is there, i am saying u will get a large number of different vits and minerals from eating natural foods. F u wanted to get every single vit and mineral in the world, than go for the multi's. there are a bunch of multi's out there that ur body does not use. So finding a multi that is not junk is difficult. I used to take a multi every morning, and than i would piss neon yellow 45min later. Ur body doesn't absorb all the vits and minerals. It uses what it wants and ditches the rest. When i used to work at GNC, i told customers to take one pill and break it in half. Take half wit bfast, and half pwo or during dinner. Than when they came back a month later to buy more, they were giving me positive feedback on this method.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488
                          True, i don't believe every single vit and mineral is there, i am saying u will get a large number of different vits and minerals from eating natural foods. F u wanted to get every single vit and mineral in the world, than go for the multi's. there are a bunch of multi's out there that ur body does not use. So finding a multi that is not junk is difficult. I used to take a multi every morning, and than i would piss neon yellow 45min later. Ur body doesn't absorb all the vits and minerals. It uses what it wants and ditches the rest. When i used to work at GNC, i told customers to take one pill and break it in half. Take half wit bfast, and half pwo or during dinner. Than when they came back a month later to buy more, they were giving me positive feedback on this method.
                          did you say "F U" on purpose? :)

Comment

did you say "F U" on purpose? :)

lol. what do u think????? :nerdnew:

Comment

I'm gonna try the NOW ADAM multi from bodybuilding.com. Read a lot of good reviews and I'm anxious to see if I will notice a difference from any of these herbs. Also, is it a good idea to split the two tablets in half and take a half of a tablet 4 times a day instead of two whole tablets a day. Will this help me absorb more of the stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X