X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt back from the Hospital.....

Matt back from the Hospital.....

Hey there everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still alive. I have been in and out of the hospital several times in the last few months and haven't been on the forum as much as I would have liked. I just got out of the hospital and wanted to check in and let everyone know what exactly is going on with me.

I have an extreme form of Gastroparesis that causes many bad things. This past week my nausea and vomiting got so bad that it caused tears which bled into my stomach. For almost 3 days they flushed blood out of my stomach through a tube in my nose. One liter of cold water in.....and then a liter and a half of water & blood would come out in this canister that I could see. They changed that sucker a lot!

Pain is unreal too. I'm on about 12 different drugs right now to try and control nausea, vomiting and pain. Blood sugar too as I am Diabetic and that is at the heart of everything that ails me for sure.

Before I came to All The Whey I was about 330 lbs. Real fat bloated sucker! I got down to around 275 but in just the past 3 months with being sick I'm down to 212 and I mean in a real bad way. Good to lose weight, very bad way to do it.

The doctors want to surgically implant a gastric pacemaker to do the job my stomach has stopped doing. That scares the crap out of me. Right now I'm on a part liquid diet and everything solid has to be puréed like baby food. Sucks.

Anyhow, in the past few months it seems that every week or so I have an attack severe enough to send me to the hospital and take me out of action. I've stopped by the forum when I'm not in the hospital and I want to thank everyone for their support while I struggle through this illness. Using the "matt05" code and putting "Matt" in the comments section of your order literally paid for my prescriptions when I got out of the hospital today. You guys are my lifeline! You can still email me and I will answer, PM's work too same as always if you ever need anything, just forgive me if my response is delayed.

I'll check in again soon.

Matt

Wow Matt, sorry to hear - that sounds horrible. :( Get well soon!

Comment

That does sound horrible. Hope everything works out for you bro.

Comment

Good luck brother...

Comment

Working...
        X