Niacin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niacin help

I remember you posted in a thread some time last week about taking niacin, because it is goof for your bloodstream. I can't fins the thread, so i'm posting here. what dose do you recommend?

yea, i have been using it for a few months. i've been taking 250mg a day. I was wondering what dosage you recoomend?

Comment

yea, i get the flush feeling. I never took more because of the side effects i've read about from taking a large amount. I'm taking glutamine, l-arginine, fish oil, and creatine.

Comment

aight, thnaks

Comment

My multi has 100mgs of Niacin, is that enough to get any benefit from it? It says that its 500% of your daily value but we all know that doesn't mean shit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            My multi has 100mgs of Niacin, is that enough to get any benefit from it? It says that its 500% of your daily value but we all know that doesn't mean shit.
            the daily recommneded does is 12mg i think.

Comment

hey the supplement secion, i didnt think of that

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                That's like taking the "Health Chart" from your Dr's office...Doing your height/weight ratio and telling you you're a fat POS:) No it does not mean shit bro:D Those averages are for the average american...And we all know YOU of all fags on here does not even come close to being average...Other than being a retarded fuck:)
                may have to give it a try

Comment

i upped my dose to 500mg this morning. i got a terrible pain in my stomach a few minutes after. and it last for about 5 mins. side effect?

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                    Empty stomach? I don't think that's a side...The most common side is the "flush"...very common..
                    yea. i took it before i ate. the flush i am used to. i just got this pain in my stomach till the flush faded

Comment

I got my first Niacin flush today. Not only did my skin get the tingly sensation, it also looked like I had a sunburn. You'd thought I'd been lying in a tanning bed for 30 minutes. It started with my fingers and ears, but quickly spread to arms & shoulders. It probably lasted for about 30 minutes and my skin was hot to the touch.

I took one serving of Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon which only has 75 mg of Niacin, but they have some stuff that is supposed to increase absorption...the sodium and potassium bicarbonate, I'm guessing? Anyway, I believe it because I've never felt like that after taking something with Niacin in it.

Comment

something about that doesn't seem like its healthy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone View Post
                          I got my first Niacin flush today. Not only did my skin get the tingly sensation, it also looked like I had a sunburn. You'd thought I'd been lying in a tanning bed for 30 minutes. It started with my fingers and ears, but quickly spread to arms & shoulders. It probably lasted for about 30 minutes and my skin was hot to the touch.

Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            something about that doesn't seem like its healthy. lol
                            I agree, but based on the info in the thread, I'm not too worried. It'll be interesting to see if it subsides the more I use it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with it, but if it lessens as I use it, I'll think I had a lot of toxins that it has helped remove when it is more than likely just building up a tolerance to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X