ATW Cinnamon Bun Isolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATW Cinnamon Bun Isolate

So I was jacked to get my 5 lb tub of Allthewhey's Cinnamon Bun Isolate. I open it up, and it is in chunks. Very messy to scoop as it wouldn't level out because of all the chunks. Anyway, I didnt think much of it at the time. Well I put it in my shaker cup, and it mixes horrible. I mixed it with skim milk, and it tasted like the first half of the serving was just milk. I got further down, and I started to taste it. It was good, but there still wasnt much of a taste. (My shaker cup is already sticky as fuck by this point, and so are my fingers.) Then I get to the best part. The last bit of the shake is all foam and bubble type stuff. :dunno: What's the deal? Anyone else have this problem? This is my 4th different ATW flavor and I've never had this problem before. I was even thinking it could've been sitting in cold temperature on it's way with UPS. Could that cause it??

I would definitely call them up and ask for a replacement. Sounds like the protein has been denatured in the process of making it or shipping.

Comment

Definitely call them. I am very picky about the way protein mixes, and my cinnamon bun sample did not mix like that at all.

Comment

I'm calling today. I tried mixing it one more time in a better shaker cup and it was the same way. I can tell it tastes good but the last few gulps are like cinnamon flavored soap with all the bubbles. :wacko:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
          I'm calling today. I tried mixing it one more time in a better shaker cup and it was the same way. I can tell it tastes good but the last few gulps are like cinnamon flavored soap with all the bubbles. :wacko:
          yea, shouldn't be like that. especially isolate.

Comment

I called them and they are sending me out another tub along with a return label for me to send the other one back for testing. The guy was trying to tell me it was normal for protein to foam and bubble. :wacko: I have not once experienced that. Anyway, props to ATW for the customer service but they aren't exactly professional on the phone. I told the guy my last name, and he was like, "hold on a second... you guys shut up im talking to a customer..... sorry about that. Whats your last name again?" :rofl:

I know I am returning this protein but I have two workout days in a row coming up so im using it till the new stuff gets here. wrong or right, i could have bought ON 100% instead of this, and i need my protein somehow.

Comment

I called them and they are sending me out another tub along with a return label for me to send the other one back for testing. The guy was trying to tell me it was normal for protein to foam and bubble. :wacko: I have not once experienced that. Anyway, props to ATW for the customer service but they aren't exactly professional on the phone. I told the guy my last name, and he was like, "hold on a second... you guys shut up im talking to a customer..... sorry about that. Whats your last name again?" :rofl:

I know I am returning this protein but I have two workout days in a row coming up so im using it till the new stuff gets here. wrong or right, i could have bought ON 100% instead of this, and i need my protein somehow.
              yea, isolate should be doing what you describe.

Comment

Haha I figured out when I mix it in a glass with a spoon instead of shaking it in a shaker cup it doesnt foam at all. should I still send it back or should i call and cancel that and start mixing instead of shaking??

Comment

If it is in chunks, I'd send it back. Sounds like moisture got to it or like Bouncer said, it could've denatured.

Hey, good luck w/Chelsea. :rofl:

Comment

Haha I figured out when I mix it in a glass with a spoon instead of shaking it in a shaker cup it doesnt foam at all. should I still send it back or should i call and cancel that and start mixing instead of shaking??
                    does it mix very easy with a cup and spoon? no chunks?

mixing any protein in a shaker cup will cause foam.

you might want to be sure about these things before giving the sponsor a bad review bro. :)

Comment

It mixes fairly well with a cup and a spoon. Just a few small chunks.

I understand that some foam will be caused in the process of mixing in a shaker cup, but it has never been even close to this much. You would have sworn I mixed the protein with soap. I have used that shaker cup with at least 10 different tubs of protein and ive never seen anything like it.

Maybe I did make a mistake, as the ATW guy told me after the second time I called that there are certain flavors that produce more foam than usual: Cinnamon Bun, Peaches and Cream, and Vanilla. But I had never heard of it happening and I just wanted to be sure. But I don't really think I was giving the company a bad review at all. I simply noticed something weird going on with the protein and thought I'd ask about it. I even mentioned that I have ordered from ATW in the past and never had it happen before. I am a loyal customer to ATW as of late. Perhaps I shouldnt have put the thumbs down icon on the subject. :dunno:

Comment

i was kinda just giving you a friendly jab. Isolate should mix very easy without chunks.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          i was kinda just giving you a friendly jab. Isolate should mix very easy without chunks.
                          I think the temperature has a lot to do with it. It was in the 20's the morning it was brought here on the truck. Then it was sitting outside in the cold for a few hours before i got it. To top it off I live in a house without central heating so in the kitchen where i keep it, its like 38 degrees. im wondering if that isnt playing with the texture.

Comment

lmao, next your going to tell us that you left it in your car with the heat on full blast and it reached a temp of 250 degrees.

not exactly ideal settings. :P

Comment

Working...
                            X