The Vitamin Myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vitamin Myth

Take a look at "Top 10 Vitamins not to take" and compare it to your multi...I scanned it in from mag. I'm not a big fan of the multivitamin.
    Last edited by NYCmitch25; 02-08-08, 05:25 PM.

Entire article

Comment

Last edited by NYCmitch25; 02-08-08, 05:20 PM.

Comment

interesting article, i have read a few articles like this that say the same thing

Comment

good post bro, i like the mag scan too, cool idea.

i do believe that multi's have there place, but i do not believe that the mega doses that bodybuilders generally use is need or even safe.

i use twin lab daily one caps which has higher doses that a centrum or something like that but much lower then some of your high potency vits.

Comment

I disagree with their assessment on vit C. I agree with E to a certain point. I only take 400iu per day of that. its fat soluble so you can "OD" on it. but vitamin C I feel better when I take 4-5 grams per day.

Comment

The Vitamin Hoax: Big Pharma Speaks Through Reader's Digest Magazine - a rebutle to this article.

"Getting our vitamins from healthful foods would be easier if our foods were of a better quality. "

"In the beginning of her article, she presents herself as protector of the meek and naive by pointing out the frivolity of wasting money on supplements when the RDAs are so easily met through diet. Yet upon closer inspection, the lack of accurate information and analysis seems to implicate Samuel as the true peddler of snake-oiled promises by promoting outdated, bare minimum nutrient levels from the RDA guidelines; the same guidelines which admittedly need revisions to accommodate variables such as illness, habit and lifestyle; the same minimal standards which may be contributing factors in the development of chronic illness."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                I disagree with their assessment on vit C. I agree with E to a certain point. I only take 400iu per day of that. its fat soluble so you can "OD" on it. but vitamin C I feel better when I take 4-5 grams per day.
                do you take it all at once- just askin?. people that i know that take 4gs daily split it up.

Comment

Working...
                X