Question on Vitargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Vitargo

This may be dumb but its not clear to me. Is in an actual carb, that will replace lost muscle gylcogen as well as the liver? or it strictly a creatine transport system. They just make it seem like its a post workout drink that is a transport system. or is it just a really low glycemic index carb so that is why it doesn't spike insulin after drinking it? do any of these questions makes sense, lol.

it is a waxy maize starch. it replaces muscle glycogen and transports things like creatine faster then say dextrose or malto.

this explains a little more.

Waxy Maize Starch is derived from natural corn starch and is a food grade modified starch. It is very bland in flavor and has a white fluffy like consistency.

So what makes so special with Waxy Maize in comparison to dextrose or maltodextrin? Many people have used a mix of dextrose and maltodextrin for post workout nutrition for years because it works and is vital for proper glycogen replenishment. Waxy Maize Starch has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean? Mainly, WMS bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

WMS can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. WMS helps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

WMS has the ability to replenish the body's glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by WMS's ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. WMS's ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate "pump" you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

Dextrose and maltodextrin can cause water retention and bloating, hence WMS's popularity with pre contest and contest preparation carbohydrate replenishment. Many dieters choose WMS as their carb of choice as it is sugar free and an ideal source of a long chain complex carbohydrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
      This may be dumb but its not clear to me. Is in an actual carb, that will replace lost muscle gylcogen as well as the liver? or it strictly a creatine transport system. They just make it seem like its a post workout drink that is a transport system. or is it just a really low glycemic index carb so that is why it doesn't spike insulin after drinking it? do any of these questions makes sense, lol.
      Ive been using waxy maize for awhile now and have to say i like it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
        Ive been using waxy maize for awhile now and have to say i like it well.
        yeah I have been using it for over a year now and these questions just came up, lol

Bouncer...thanks, that makes sense.

Comment

Bouncer , do you follow the mixing instruction and do you use Vitargo post work-out only.

Comment

Originally posted by sammy48 View Post
            Bouncer , do you follow the mixing instruction and do you use Vitargo post work-out only.
            i kind of follow my own instructions. i use a scoop and a half vitargo with 2 scoops whey. i put it in a big cup and as soon as i get in my car after my workout i add water and mix with a fork.

Comment

since they changed the formula of vitargo i cannot take it -- fucks up my stomach - had to go back to malto -- original vitargo was so much better
              Last edited by bigscott; 03-27-08, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                i kind of follow my own instructions. i use a scoop and a half vitargo with 2 scoops whey. i put it in a big cup and as soon as i get in my car after my workout i add water and mix with a fork.
                you know shaker cups are only like $3 from all sports

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
                  since they changed the formula of vitargo i cannot take it -- fucks up my stomach - had to go back to malto -- original vitargo was so much better
                  are you talking about how its really really powdery now? like when you open the lid the powder pretty much floats around the room? lol. I have noticed in the last 2 batches that something seems different with it myself. It seems a tab more bitter also. Whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER View Post
                    you know shaker cups are only like $3 from all sports
                    have you ever used vitargo? the shit will cement itself to the bottom. a shaker cup aint doing it.

Comment

are you talking about how its really really powdery now? like when you open the lid the powder pretty much floats around the room? lol. I have noticed in the last 2 batches that something seems different with it myself. It seems a tab more bitter also. Whats the deal?
                      they changed the formula. its very powdery now.

Comment

have you ever used vitargo? the shit will cement itself to the bottom. a shaker cup aint doing it.
                        LOL. follow the directions bro! you must add the V to the water not water to the V. I mix up my protien and shake then open the shaker and add in the V and shake again works perfect.

Comment

I put my protein in the shaker, then the vitargo. when I'm ready I pour the water in, shake it for a bit and pound it. No cementing. Do you sip your PWO drink over time? Maybe thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                            they changed the formula. its very powdery now.
                            yea, what the fuck. why? taste different also. makes me think that the formula wasn't correct before. maybe the starch was wrong or something. or maybe they are cheaping out now and making a shitty version.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER View Post
                              I put my protein in the shaker, then the vitargo. when I'm ready I pour the water in, shake it for a bit and pound it. No cementing. Do you sip your PWO drink over time? Maybe thats the problem.
                              i drink it on the way home. mix it with a fork and big cup. works fine for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X