Antioxadants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antioxadants?

whats up with this does anyone use any? do I need it? any links to good info?
    Iknow I can google it but I dont want to read all the BS if you guys have any good info.

Kind of odd the way you ask the question, as if you were talking about something like creatine or protein powder. lol.

Everyone "uses" antioxidants bro. They are in the foods that we eat etc..

See this page for a brief idea. Antioxidants 101 - What and Where?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      Kind of odd the way you ask the question, as if you were talking about something like creatine or protein powder. lol.

Everyone "uses" antioxidants bro. They are in the foods that we eat etc..

See this page for a brief idea. Antioxidants 101 - What and Where?
      Ya I asked the question weird cuzz I did not understan them. your link was perfect for a not so smart guy like myself it was quick and to the point.
      Basicaly it just vitamins right? If I take multi vitams and minerals I should be covered. beside all the protien I drink I would think I am OK? I thought it was something special.

Comment

well its not just vitamins. but if you eat things, like fruits, veggies, grains, red wine, etc you will be getting a boat load of antioxidants.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
          Ya I asked the question weird cuzz I did not understan them. your link was perfect for a not so smart guy like myself it was quick and to the point.
          Basicaly it just vitamins right? If I take multi vitams and minerals I should be covered. beside all the protien I drink I would think I am OK? I thought it was something special.
          anti-oxidants are products that get rid of free radicals that is produced by damage to your body (exercise, stress, sun, alcohol, and stuff like that). Vitamin E, C, Green Tea extract and things like that are helpful to neutralize the free-radicals in your body...you always have them in your system but if you keep antioxidants high in your body you can keep ahead of the curve and try to limit the damage they do.

Comment

Won't drinking plenty of water help you your body remove toxins???

Comment

The Top 10 Antioxidant Foods I would try to get these foods in your diet each day.

I don't think you can effectively supplement with just a multi. Eat real food and in addition you can supplement with bilberry and green tea extract or use an antioxidant blend such as Beverly Intern. I would consider this if i were you.

Antioxidant value as measured by ORAC – the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (Raisins and prunes are the higest).
              Last edited by NYCmitch25; 07-02-08, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                I think its necessary to keep your body clean and hydrated but water along won't cleanse free radicals

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                  yes, but you are talking apples and oranges. both work in very different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                    I think its necessary to keep your body clean and hydrated but water along won't cleanse free radicals
                    Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    yes, but you are talking apples and oranges. both work in very different ways.

interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                      The Top 10 Antioxidant Foods I would try to get these foods in your diet each day.

I don't think you can effectively supplement with just a multi. Eat real food and in addition you can supplement with bilberry and green tea extract or use an antioxidant blend such as Beverly Intern. I would consider this if i were you.

Antioxidant value as measured by ORAC – the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (Raisins and prunes are the higest).
                      Wow the only thing I eat ED is the whole grains. maybe 1 time per week I will eat brocli or spinach. all the other top 10 I never eat.

Should I get some antioxidant sups?

Comment

Im being honest I probably wont ever eat thoes things can anyone recomend a good sup?

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                          Wow the only thing I eat ED is the whole grains. maybe 1 time per week I will eat brocli or spinach. all the other top 10 I never eat.

Should I get some antioxidant sups?
                          no supps dipshit, you need a better diet. you need to be eating broccoli everyday. once a week is crap.

Comment

Rocket, why take supplements when your body has evolved over thousands of years to take the real stuff and benefit from it?

Berries are easy to take. Go to Costco and get the big bags of frozen blueberries and strawberries. I alternate between the two every day - you can grab a 1/2 cup of blueberries and put them on top of cottage cheese - makes it go down easier.

You can sautee the garlic with the tomatoes in some olive oil and add a little bit of salt for taste and put it on your rice. It will make add flavor to the rice and should only take minutes to prepare, and will store well in the fridge. You can also add some chopped and boiled spinach to the mix. Another thing I like to add to something like this is some diced red bell peppers.

Comment

Working...
                            X