Different thoughts on PWO Protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different thoughts on PWO Protein?

So I know its tough to go "wrong" with a good isolate PWO, and then a meal 45 minutes afterwards. But I've heard a lot lately about using a whey/casien blend for PWO, due to its fast AND slow absorbtion. Apparently their have been multiple studies proving the blend is superior? The only thing that gets me is the fact that if you eat 45 minutes afterwards, whats the point...

Any thoughts for you supp gurus?

I don't think you can go wrong with whey followed by a meal. A whey/casien blend would be ideal anytime however especially before bed. But imo high quality protein is fine regardless of type, just remember anything with soy is shit.

Comment

casein would slow the digestion of the whey would it not?

i like whey isolate and malto for PWO shake.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        casein would slow the digestion of the whey would it not?

I honestly don't think that it would matter, I think that chicken, tuna or steak would all work just as well pwo.

Comment

yes, there has been recent research supporting the fact that an insulin spike does not = muscle gain. i have to say through my own trial and error i disagree with the finding and will use a regimine similar to what B said. years ago i was questioning whether it was just good marketing (old time bb'lders didnt do this so why should I?)

i used BSN's synthol-6 (whey/casinen) and i also tried the whole foods.... in short i was sore and didnt recover from the workout. give it a try but i wouldnt bother...
          Last edited by NYCmitch25; 01-02-09, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            c

Same here, works great.

Eat a meal 20-30min later and you'll be set.

Comment

Whey isolate with malto like bouncer said.... Seems to be the best thing immediately after a workout and of course we hear new things all the time but from personal experience I say that works best followed by a meal as noted above by the other guys

Comment

Is their a movement away from the Vitargo CGL that I heard about on here a year or so ago? To replace the malto...

Comment

Originally posted by Bdubb View Post
                  Is their a movement away from the Vitargo CGL that I heard about on here a year or so ago? To replace the malto...
                  that is just waxy maize. they dont make the vitargo cgl anymore. they make a new product that is supposed to be faster acting but i question it myself. its texture is bad and dosent mix as well.

waxy maize is also good. just more expensive then malto.

Comment

Working...
                  X