how much fish oil a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much fish oil a day?

right ow i dont use any oil suppliments at all and i dont eat seafood..

how many grams of fish oil should i use?

does it matter if im cutting/bulking..

thanks a bunch..

I would try and get at least 3 grams of EPA a day, how many caps you take will depend on the potency, the more potent, the less you'll have to take. www.puritanspride.com has a high potency cap, 360mg EPA per cap, around 13 dollars per bottle, 90 caps per bottle and if you buy one you get 2 free.

So it would run you around 13 dollars a month, assuming you're taking in 10 caps a day.

Comment

thanks bro,

any benefits to running a higher dose..

not sure but i thought people were running like 6-8 grams.. maybe the quality was not the same

thanks again

Comment

The studies that have shown some of it's great potential have used in the 6 gram range for the most part, that can get kind of expensive though. I think 3 grams is a good starting point and if you can afford more, go for it.

Keep in mind, each capsule is 1000mg but only a percentage of it is EPA/DHA, that's why you want something with a high potency.

Comment

I hope to have a fish oil powder soon, to help cut down on the problem of swallowing so many pills, although I know some like to swallow.

Comment

Working...
          X