Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Nitric Oxide (NO) Supplements work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Nitric Oxide (NO) Supplements work?

Good article here by someone whose opinions I respect a lot. I know a lot of you guys like your No-Xplode and stuff, but read this article anyway. Especially the 2nd yellow section.

Does Nitric Oxide (NO) Supplements work? - Exercise Biology

Bottom line:

If you have cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, burn injury and such, nitric oxide supplementation can increase blood flow.

For healthy individuals , Nitric oxide supplements do not increase blood flow to the muscle or protein synthesis as claimed by NO supplements

Reading down into the comments, a good response to someone touting the "feeling" he gets from No-Xplode:

The effects you are seeing is just a stimulant effect due to the increase in Epinephrine and Norepinephrine. You can get that effect and even more with other products which has NO arginine in it whatsoever.

Just take a look at the NO explode ingredient list and you will see a lot of ingredients which does this like Tyrosine, Taurine,herbal stuff and such. And who knows what goes in their “proprietary blend”.

Here is a cheap stimulant: L-Tyrosine+caffeine+ sugar. Tyrosine is the precursor for adrenaline. If that doesn’t help, you can buy straight ephedrine. If you a really hardcore, you can snort ammonia like those powerlifters. All these you can buy for the fraction of the price of NO explode.

The specific claims of NO like increasing blood flow to the muscles thereby increasing o2 transport, recovery,protein synthesis and such doesn’t exist. The stimulant effects you see and experience has nothing to do with arginine.
    Last edited by Scrumhalf; 04-28-12, 09:03 PM.

I don't think anyone should endorse snorting ammonia because it's cheaper than buying NO, lol

Comment

Of course, but the point, as I have long maintained is that the purported efficacy of Arginine as a source of NO as claimed by these supplement manufacturers is, well, just a bunch of hot gas.

Comment

Ya No xplode or any of them things never did anything for me I like them cuz they taste good and the energy it gives me i know its just caffeine but still like it and it works,lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
          Ya No xplode or any of them things never did anything for me I like them cuz they taste good and the energy it gives me i know its just caffeine but still like it and it works,lol
          I like NO xplode too but like you say,,,for energy and it tastes pretty good.

Comment

nope, jacked and no2 def give a pump especially when you first start using them.

Comment

I have used many of them over the years and recently am starting to think they reduce my endurance. Great boost of energy for the first 30 minutes or so at the gym. After that I find they can be counter productive. Just what I've noticed in myself.

Comment

Noxplode took five days to kick in for me but my pumps were better. Muscle bellys felt fuller, but no proof it was actually from nox.

Comment

Yes There is no doubt that Nitric oxide supplements are very useful and good for us because these boost up energy level . I use to take it before workout which gives me the energy and i can do heavy training . It is really effective for me . I would also be pleased to know from other people about it who have used it .

Comment

Working...
                  X