X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes Type 2

Firstly hello everyone.

First thread and straight to it!

I wasnt sure which forum to post this in, but I think this is the most appropriate.

I'm 45 and have been training on and off for over 20 years. I was consistently training up to year ago when work got in the way. Since then I have gone from 5 days per week to 3, to missing 2 weeks here and there.

I work in the city and have a pretty stressful and demanding job which has dictated my time in the gym (most of us are slaves to money whether we like it or not).

To cut the quick. I have just been informed that I may have type 2 diabetes. Shock yes.

This has kicked my arse back into gear (not juice) and got me determined to get back to where I was and beyond.

Training is obviously top of the list and diet but also the supps to assist.

I have invested bigstyle in supps from BCAAs, omega, cinnamon, vitamins B, C, D and E etc.

I wondered if anyone out there has any advice on what I should do in my situation?

I have cycled in the past and want to cycle again, I'm looking at a simple test-e cycle (nothing too complicated) any opinions on this? I have read that low test can be a cause of diabetes so logic suggests that high(er) test could help??

I'm incorporating limited cardio into my routine where possible.

Any thoughts or advice would be more than welcome.

BY FAR the biggest factor for you is going to be diet brother. Slow burning carbs like oatmeal. No more soda and shit like that.

I'm really not sure of the relationship between diabetes and test levels but if your gonna run a cycle keep in minimal and healthy. Something like 200-300mgs Test E or C every 5-7 days.

Comment

Type 2 diabetes is not a death sentence. If you take it seriously and manage it, there's no reason you can't be fine. My nother has had it for about 40 years - she is 80 and doing fine.

That being said, time for some tough love here..

If you have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, YOU NEED TO STEP BACK AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAILOR YOUR LIFESTYLE TO LIVE WITH THIS CONDITION!!

The last thing you should be doing right now is to think about gear. Also, why are you taking all those supplements? The problem with supplements is that they can screw around with your BP, your heart rate, and your blood sugar. Unless you get a good baseline without supplements, you will have no idea what is causing what. Get off all that crap right now. I assume you are working with a good endocrinologist. See if you can get access to a diabetes coach through your insurance that will help you figure out how to get the required discipline to live with it. Key with diabetes is being regular. Discipline in eating is at the heart of it all, and discipline with medication. And finally, monitoring your condition with discipline.

Take a year to figure this out. Then and only then should you add anything that your diabetes coach and/or dietician hasn't covered already.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Type 2 diabetes is not a death sentence. If you take it seriously and manage it, there's no reason you can't be fine. My nother has had it for about 40 years - she is 80 and doing fine.

That being said, time for some tough love here..

If you have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, YOU NEED TO STEP BACK AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAILOR YOUR LIFESTYLE TO LIVE WITH THIS CONDITION!!

The last thing you should be doing right now is to think about gear. Also, why are you taking all those supplements? The problem with supplements is that they can screw around with your BP, your heart rate, and your blood sugar. Unless you get a good baseline without supplements, you will have no idea what is causing what. Get off all that crap right now. I assume you are working with a good endocrinologist. See if you can get access to a diabetes coach through your insurance that will help you figure out how to get the required discipline to live with it. Key with diabetes is being regular. Discipline in eating is at the heart of it all, and discipline with medication. And finally, monitoring your condition with discipline.

Take a year to figure this out. Then and only then should you add anything that your diabetes coach and/or dietician hasn't covered already.
        Thanks for your input, its early days yet as I have only just been diagnosed. So I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Kudos to Bouncer the diet is the first thing to kick into check, but as you say any juice is probably best put on hold until I know what that my natural hormones are stable - not what I wanted to hear but hey that's life.

Cheers guys
        Last edited by Kindanasty; 01-15-16, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Good call. You basically have to relearn how your body metabolism works. Best thing to do is to give yourself some time to learn how to live with the condition and then when you are totally comfortable, add stuff to the mix. Good luck!

Comment

you can reverse it where its pretty much gone without meds believe it or not... like the rest said diet is key my brother and be honest with yourself. write down everything you eat for a few weeks. if you eat shit then you will know. post up the daily intake and diet for us to look at. Also focus on your training. do you do any cardio? rep ranges 5-8 or 10-20? duration....I would do a high intensity routine with lighter weight and shorter rest perios with perfect form. I would also do 30mins of cardio before hand.

Comment

Type 2 is your body not responding well to the insulin. Type 1 is a lack of insulin production

My adulvice would be low gi good and reduce fast sugars

Comment

Working...
              X