No announcement yet.

The Beef Protein Powder Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm sure quality in whey can vary between companies a great deal.

With that said, protein powders especially from the big companies are tested and analyzed on a fairly consistent bases. My cytosport protein from costco for example has been independently tested and verified of ingredients by both the NSF and USP. Not only has it been tested to confirm whats on the label but it has also been tested and approved for sport to be free of all banned substances. I'm not sure that's something a smaller company like you posted can say?

I guess what I'm getting at is that while quality can vary in the same way that fresh tuna steak is "higher quality" then canned tuna... the canned tuna still has the same exact ability to help repair, recover, and build muscle on a gram for gram bases. They both contain the protein that is on the label. (Sodium and potential mercury issues in canned tuna aren't relevant as we are strictly talking about the protein in the product. Yes, a tuna steak has more protein than a can of tuna but that is only because of volume. We are talking gram for gram here.)

It is very unlikely that you would be able to tell any difference at all in terms of results between the protein you linked above and a product like optimum or cyctosport. The only difference would probably be taste. Even there the difference might not be noticeable. If we were talking about 10-15 years ago about a product like designer whey I'd fully agree with you. Back than most products were chalky shit that bloated you and wouldn't mix properly. None of those issues exist with a product like modern day optimum or cyto.

Certified Safe For Sport NSF

USP Certified Supplements

Comment

Moochie, have a look at this and tell me what you think. Again, I'm not fully disagreeing with you but I'd like you to read this and address some of the points he brings up about loopholes and tricky tactics much like the "organic" label used to their advantage for sales without real facts and testing.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...d-whey-rip-off

Comment

Working...
      X