X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Fed Whey Rip-Off

Grass Fed Whey Rip-Off

By Alex Rogers - Nov 2015

In order to satisfy the consumer need for healthier food, companies for a long time have been manufacturing and promoting their ingredients and products that are organic. These organic products have turned into a multi-billion dollar industry. It’s no secret the organic food market is huge. The organic market also reaches out all they way to protein supplements as well. However this is where it gets ugly. The protein supplement industry is filled with scumbags that will rip you off any chance they get. These companies come in all different shapes and sizes and they have infiltrated the organic whey protein market. These cheating business owners have found a way to take advantage of a particular consumer audience.

This audience, including including myself is concerned about what kind of food they put into their mouths and what kind of chemicals should NOT be going into our their mouths. Essentially this particular group of people do not want to be subjected to unwanted chemicals and additives in their food. In addition to their food, they don’t want it (chemicals and additives) in their protein powders as well. When it comes to whey protein some people prefer to get their whey protein from dairy cows that meet the follow criteria.

grass-fed
    free range
    hormone free
    anti-biotic free
    organic
    raw
    cold-processed
    pasture fed

That is all fine and dandy…sounds great right? Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched!! I’d like to introduce to you the brand new “scam” that some companies are using to sell their whey protein powders that I’d like to call the “Grass-Fed Whey Protein Scam”.

This scam started for one reason and one reason only MONEY. Organic food and protein is very expensive. Go run out to Whole Foods and try to buy organic fruit and veggies and you’ll see what I am talking about. Organic whey protein is very expensive. I used to sell it back in the day but stopped because of the price. Price is the reason this whole scam started because people would not pay the price for organic protein. They WANTED whey protein with the 8 characteristics above, but did not want to pay the price. So where there is a demand a person will supply, even if it means ripping people off. And that is how this scam started.

You see the world is filled with evil people that will sell you lies to make a profit. And selling whey protein that is marketed with the 8 characteristics above is a great scam and makes these companies a lot of money and subjects you to things you do not wish to put into your body. You see I find this one of the most horrific and damaging scams in the protein supplement business. (At least on the same level as protein spiking) Forget the money that you are losing from buying a protein powder that is sold at a higher price because you think that it meets the 8 characteristics above, but instead let us focus on the long term health consequences that these scam companies are subjecting you to because they are selling you whey protein that DOES have anti-biotics and rBST and made from cows that are not grass-fed and pasture fed. Quite frankly that pisses me off big time and it should piss you off big time as well if you want whey protein that TRULY has the 8 characteristics above.

You see this is a very tricky and clever scam. Typically the whey protein that is marketed as “grass-fed” has a very natural and clean looking label, it will look very organic and healthy looking. Most of the time you’ll see happy little cows in grass fed fields.

Companies will use terms like these on the label and in their marketing.

new zealand grass fed
    cleanest whey protein
    hormone free
    free range happy cows
    rBST free
    pasture fed

They will tell you that they have teamed up with small dairy farms and facilities to make small batches of their protein. They will tell you that the protein subfractions like the immunoglobulins are higher in their “special” whey protein.

ALL OF THIS IS BULLSHIT.

The LOOP WHOLE.

The protein companies have found a way to “pretend” they are selling ALMOST organic protein by using all the terms that make you believe that it is just as good as organic. Terms such as the above: grass fed, hormone free, happy free range cows etc. They can do this because the FDA has a hard enough time chasing down companies that are violating the Code of Federal Regulations 111’s for Dietary Supplements, let alone chase companies that are buying whey protein made from milk from cows that we’re treated with hormones, caged up, and fed grain and then marketing it as practically organic. The really clever and sneaky companies will not use the word “organic” on their labels and in their marketing because they know the USDA does police this.

You see terms like grass fed, hormone free, happy free range cows, rBST free are terms that are not aggressively policed by the FDA. Therefore supplement companies will use these terms at free will. Is this illegal and violation of some sort of FDA, USDA, or FTC laws? Quite frankly I am not sure.

GRASS FED CASEIN FROM U.S. COWS?

Recently I have seen a company selling micellar casein on Amazon claiming that it was from US farms. This is a complete flat out lie! No casein comes from the United States. I know this and I recently confirmed this with two casein experts from the industry. Because of several factors…mainly cost..no U.S. companies make casein from U.S. Cows.

Good article man...organic in many ways can be and is good, on the other hand, it's such a rip off. We've gotten to just buying organic meats and that's it. I know this is about powders, but generally speaking since I'm huge on organic.

Comment

Working...
    X