What's Your PWO Shake Consist Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your PWO Shake Consist Of?

Post Workout Shake. Post yours. I like Gatorade because it has dextrose and the proper electrolytes for replenishment. Plus I can get 8 20oz bottles at WinCo for $3.99 :D

Mine ? Just my shake or plain water lol....i'm boring

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
      Mine ? Just my shake or plain water lol....i'm boring
      so protein powder only? why no carbs for insulin spike to help push protein and creatine into muscle cells?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        so protein powder only? why no carbs for insulin spike to help push protein and creatine into muscle cells?
        Well i should of mentioned other than eating 1 or 2 bananas when I'm done, guess that's my sugar/carbs for me.

Comment

Ok so protein powder and banana. Any creatine?

Comment

Ok so protein powder and banana. Any creatine?
            When I was in my mid 20s I use to take creatine, but no bro...nothing else...pwo is water or banana with my shake...and it's always a banana for pwo or just about anything. I usually have 2 or 3 of them a day, yes a day:)

Comment

60g whey. I keep it simple

Comment

65g of 100% Whey Protein and 20g of dextrose

Comment

60g of whey and 2 tablespoons of NOW dextrose powder.

Comment

Just fyi dextrose alone is not preferred. Something about the osmolarity makes it hard to absorb on its own. I'll post something on it when I get home.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Comment

Alone as by itself or as the source of carbs with protein?

Comment

Taking your protein with dextrose as the only type of sugar is not preferred. Should either be mixed with malto or sucrose. That's why I like Gatorade. It's designed for optimal rehydration and recuperation. Has dextrose, sucrose, and a bit of sodium for optimal uptake. Dextrose without another form of sugar tends to sit in the gut for a longer period. If your gonna take your protein with a single carb source your best bet would be maltodextrin.

Comment

Taking your protein with dextrose as the only type of sugar is not preferred. Should either be mixed with malto or sucrose. That's why I like Gatorade. It's designed for optimal rehydration and recuperation. Has dextrose, sucrose, and a bit of sodium for optimal uptake. Dextrose without another form of sugar tends to sit in the gut for a longer period. If your gonna take your protein with a single carb source your best bet would be maltodextrin.
                          will try some Gatorade. ..been many years since I've had it.

Comment

usually no shake just food

bananas and oats

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                              usually no shake just food

bananas and oats
                              You should add some protein.

Comment

Working...
                              X