Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCAA/EAA's how often do you take em. (or not at all)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCAA/EAA's how often do you take em. (or not at all)

BCAA/EAA's how often do you take em. (or not at all)
    Who heres supplements with BCAA/EAA .

What is your go to product and why? INCLUDE FLAVORS OR NON FLAVORED.

Could be due to taste, ratio, cost...

How often due you take them?

Do u feel it is necessary or not?

I don't take them. I am not convinced they offer any advantage beyond regular protein powder. There are some claims about them having value on an intermittent fasting protocol, but I am not aware of any proper studies on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      I don't take them. I am not convinced they offer any advantage beyond regular protein powder. There are some claims about them having value on an intermittent fasting protocol, but I am not aware of any proper studies on this.
      damn debbie downer lol

Comment

I don't take them either. I just never have taken supps, and the few that I have, was not impressed with their ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
          damn debbie downer lol
          Just keeping it real, brah. I calls em like I sees em. There are way too many claims in the supplement industry that can't be backed by science, so I usually take a show-me attitude.

Comment

Just keeping it real, brah. I calls em like I sees em. There are way too many claims in the supplement industry that can't be backed by science, so I usually take a show-me attitude.
            dude im there with ya':)

i don't take no more vitamins, any types of supps other than my ON protein powder and they're a good company.

the supp industry is worse then the insurance company; scammers.

Comment

The only supplements that have solid long-term data on efficacy and safety are protein and creatine. Everything else is useless at best.

Comment

The only supplements that have solid long-term data on efficacy and safety are protein and creatine. Everything else is useless at best.
                im sure there's some sort of benefits to taking them, but not as these companies claim; BCAA's.

i mean come on scrum, they just can't put a product that is literally worthless/useless. they do have SOME sort of effect, just not like they advertise. or do you still disagree?

Comment

agree for the most part with scrum and rado but I'm convinced that for steroid users especially, fish oil can be very important. everyone was convinced my RBC count would be dangerously high because I had been on for so long. finally got blood work and my RBC was completely normal. i have no proof and it could very well be genetic but I think fish oil has an importance.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                    im sure there's some sort of benefits to taking them, but not as these companies claim; BCAA's.

i mean come on scrum, they just can't put a product that is literally worthless/useless. they do have SOME sort of effect, just not like they advertise. or do you still disagree?
                    The question is - is a supplement better than a cheaper alternative? Is taking BCAAs better than just taking whey protein, for example? If the answer is NO based on well designed experiments, then why spend so much more on them? That's what I mean.

Comment

The question is - is a supplement better than a cheaper alternative? Is taking BCAAs better than just taking whey protein, for example? If the answer is NO based on well designed experiments, then why spend so much more on them? That's what I mean.
                      I gotcha now. :thumup:

Comment

I take them in my post workout shake but after this tub is gone I don't think I'll buy them again. Creatine is the best supp hands down.

Comment

I add a scoop of BCAA's to my water bottle every once in a while. I use it mostly to flavor my water. If I'm doing fasted cardio, I will have some before I do cardio.

Comment

I always noticed a difference supplementing with BCAA. Like you I used to rely solely on the shakes but never seemed as good. My buddy who works in that industry told me they add the BCAA to manipulate the label. Amount of protein per serving I think he said. Either way after a while it doesn't work as well. I have to give it a break. Kinda pricey for what it is too.

Comment

No need for BCAA

It can be a nice taste addition to your drink while working out but no material benefit

Comment

Working...
                              X