Protein bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein bars

Is there a forum sponsor who sales decent protein bars? I've searched but can't find anything. A local nutrition shop sales a brand which I like but their getting to dam expensive.

Protein bars are a no no bro. Absolute junk. Low quality protein with binders and fillers. All crap. Better off with real protein like jerky.

Comment

Make your own...super easy. My gf has been making mine, check out my food thread. Recipe is there

Comment

I didn't think they were that bad for you but hell I'll take jerky over a protein bar any day. lol thanks

@rado I will check it out now. Thanks.

Comment

Bro, protein bars are garbage, period.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
            Bro, protein bars are garbage, period.
            Thanks. Now I know.

Comment

I think protein bars are useful. They're a great snack to pick up when I'm in a rush or only have a few minutes to eat something. I kept getting ones that tasted like shit and were hard to eat. But I just tried bsn syntha 6 bars and I actually like them because they have a rice crispie texture and taste better than the other bars I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by domin8 View Post
                I think protein bars are useful. They're a great snack to pick up when I'm in a rush or only have a few minutes to eat something. I kept getting ones that tasted like shit and were hard to eat. But I just tried bsn syntha 6 bars and I actually like them because they have a rice crispie texture and taste better than the other bars I've tried.
                Yea, that's what they are really intended for. For people who missed a meal and need something easy and quick as a replacement but I agree with Bouncer and Rado, they are no no and should not be used on a daily basis as a meal replacement. + Most bars I tried, taste like shit. Real Food 4life.

Comment

You can just carry some protein powder on hand and mix it with water in a shaker cup. Works well in between meals. But having a snack is nice as well.

Comment

It is quite simple to bag some protein in a Ziploc bag,i do it ED.

Bars are garbage and even if you miss a meal or can't seem to make your food, then maybe consider better time management.

Comment

There garbage period, don't skip meal, pure laziness.... handful of almonds is probably better

Comment

I used to make this as a snack in between breakfast and my next meal.

3 c dry oats
                        2 c natty pb
                        2 tbs honey
                        1 c fat free low/no sugar yogurt
                        5 scoops whey protein
                        1 cup milk
                        2 tsp vanilla extract
                        Splenda
                        Raisins
                        Cinnamon

mix wet ingredients in a bowl, slowly stir dry ingredients.. press into a 9 x 13 pan, and refrigerate.

The consistency doesn’t get to where you are able to cut it into bars. I would put some in a tupperware dish for work and then eat it with a spoon.

Comment

Working...
                        X