Why bodybuilders should use Glucose Disposal Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bodybuilders should use Glucose Disposal Agents

Glucose disposal agents (GDAs) are compounds that assist the body in disposing of glucose from the blood stream more effectively. They do so by increasing the uptake of nutrients into cells. Some examples of GDAs include minerals, like chromium, selenium and vanadium; herbs/ spices, like cinnamon, gymnema, fenugreek, and turmeric; and bio-active compounds from certain foods, like alpha lipoic acid.

Glucose disposal agents are generally recommended for diabetics because they help to stabilise their blood sugar levels. However, they are also useful for bodybuilders since they increase the uptake of nutrients into cells. This means they have a ‘cell-volumising effect’ and can help build muscle faster!

Suffice to say that cell volumisation involves storing more water within the muscle cells. It also contributes the most to a muscles’ size because muscles are composed of over 70% water!

The best time to use glucose disposal agents is post-exercise, especially with a protein shake. The post-exercise shake should contain protein (40 grams), carbs (perhaps from honey or some other high glycaemic index source – 30-40 grams), creatine (10 grams), and glutamine (10 grams).

The shake should be mixed in water (not milk) in order to improve absorption into the body and should be taken with some glucose disposal agents. Cinnamon may be added to the shake as well or a glucose disposal agent supplement may be taken in conjunction with the shake. A good example is BCN’s MultiSpice.

The reason why this is such a good time for bodybuilders to use GDAs is simply because after working out their muscles are more predisposed to increasing the uptake of nutrients and by using a GDA as well the cell-volumising effect will be magnified greatly! This means that your ability to build muscle fast will be enhanced!

Using glucose disposal agents with your post-exercise protein shake is a little-known secret used by some of the world’s top bodybuilders and fitness experts. Now you can use it too to achieve even better results from your muscle-building efforts!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

With that being said. This seems like I good alternative for insulin sensitiviy as oppose to metformin and Insulin

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
      With that being said. This seems like I good alternative for insulin sensitiviy as oppose to metformin and Insulin

U just took me 2 school 79, thanks. Iv taken alpha lipoic acid and tumeric 4 years I'll make sure I take them before or after my w/o.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this would only apply to people on GH no?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          I think this would only apply to people on GH no?
          Especially... anything to get the BG down... I have so much ALA 500mgs a pill and failed to used them..

Comment

I've read a bunch of stuff saying ala actually isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'll post the articles in the morning.

Comment

I saw that as well hence why I stopped but maybe I should try again.... depends on the type of ala i suppose

Comment

It was all the craze when I first got on these boards years ago. Everyone was selling r-ala etc..

Comment

I been off growth for a few days now and wake up with serious numbness.. I'm wondering if it has to do with insulin resistance in the mornings...
                  I check my shit out right now

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    I been off growth for a few days now and wake up with serious numbness.. I'm wondering if it has to do with insulin resistance in the mornings...
                    I check my shit out right now

Nah, wait another 2 weeks. Will be back to normal.

Comment

Wait my ass.. I will jump back on Growth next week[emoji3]

Comment

Why are you against taking Metformin?

Comment

I still don't get the point of it. If you have normal insulin response (me) what would it benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                            I still don't get the point of it. If you have normal insulin response (me) what would it benefit?
                            Probably just some fat loss. If it's blocking the carbs you'd probably burn fat for energy.

But I think it's a must with prolonged hgh use. But then again I'm no doctor or expert by any means.

Comment

I might be on them soon... the irony!! My fasted levels been sky high and will wait to see the doc for the blood results tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X