NAC (Noortropics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAC (Noortropics)

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) is a powerful anti-oxidant, can boost mood, lower anxiety, improve memory, and reduce compulsive behavior

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC or N-acetylcysteine)*is the N-acetyl derivative of the naturally occurring amino acid*L-cysteine. And works primarily by helping restore the body’s natural antioxidant*glutathione (γ-glutamylcysteinylglycine; GSH).

As the most abundant antioxidant in your body, GSH is responsible for maintaining oxidative balance in each of your cells.

Taking glutathione as a*nootropicsupplement does not adequately restore GSH levels in your brain because it can’t cross the blood-brain barrier. This vastly underrated nootropic, NAC easily penetrates the*blood-brain barrier*and raises glutathione levels in your brain.[i]

NAC has been used to treat acetaminophen poisoning for decades.[ii]*Every year there are 56,000 ER visits from Tylenol overdose, resulting in at least 100 deaths.*[iii]*NAC provides the glutathione your liver needs to fight off the metabolite NAPQI in Tylenol that does severe liver damage.

As a nootropic, NAC helps prevent*glutamate*toxicity, boosts*dopamine, and reduces inflammation, oxidative and free radical damage.

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine helps:

Neuroprotection. NAC as a*precursor*of*glutathione, is a potent*antioxidant, anti-inflammatory*and*free radical scavenger.[iv]*Your brain is especially vulnerable to inflammation, free radical and oxidative damage. Affecting*cognition, long-term potentiation,*memory*and mood.Neurotransmitters. NAC modulates*glutamate*levels and*dopamine*release in the brain. Excess glutamate in your brain is toxic to brain cells affecting*neuron*health, cognition, memory and mood. And NAC protects dopamine*receptors. Influencing dopamine levels and function in your brain. Even protecting*dopaminergic*nerve terminals from chronic methamphetamine use.[v]Anxiety and depression. NAC reduces irritability, anxiety and depression. NAC increases your body’s antioxidant capacity, and balances excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters in your brain. Resulting in less anxiety and depression.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

you trying it?

Comment

Yes I am..

I will also try fasoracetam not a agonist and not an antagonist at the GABAB receptor, but it is known to make more GABAB receptors in your brain (=upregulation of GABAB) and by doing this you become more sensitive to your own GABA which also down regulate glutamate..
      Both are the primary neurotransmitters and you need a balance

Comment

try 1 at a time though bro so you know whats working and how you feel on each individually.

Comment

They work well together, but the NAC I will try first and it's pretty damn cheap.

I think everyone should jump on it. Especially bodybuilders and drug users/alcoholics.

You can get it NAC on Amazon and shit.

https://medium.com/@researchangover/...r-4c2278ee4e86

Comment

I prefer a adaptogen like Rhodiola Rosea or l theanine. How much of the nac are taking?

Comment

Originally posted by sjgymbean View Post
              I prefer a adaptogen like Rhodiola Rosea or l theanine. How much of the nac are taking?
              500-2000

Comment

I always run NAC with any cycle involving orals.

Comment

Read on a subreddit that someone had elevated Hematrotic/RBC due to taking NAC 2 years straight.
                  So I had to do a little bit of digging...

Been on it a few days and the stuff taste like a weird vitamin C and sometimes I get upset stomach...

Your source for the latest research news

advertisement

Science News

from research organizations

One Type Of Antioxidant May Not Be As Safe As Once ThoughtDate:University of Virginia Health SystemAccording to new research an antioxidant commonly used in nutritional and body-building supplements can form a red blood cell-derived molecule that makes blood vessels think they are not getting enough oxygen. This leads to pulmonary arterial hypertension, a serious condition characterized by high blood pressure in the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.

FULL STORY

Certain preparations taken to enhance athletic performance or stave off disease contain an anti-oxidant that could cause harm. According to new research at the University of Virginia Health System, N-acetylcysteine (NAC), an anti-oxidant commonly used in nutritional and body-building supplements, can form a red blood cell-derived molecule that makes blood vessels think they are not getting enough oxygen.

advertisement

This leads to pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a serious condition characterized by high blood pressure in the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.

"NAC fools the body into thinking that it has an oxygen shortage," said Dr. Ben Gaston, UVa Children's Hospital pediatrician and researcher who led the study. "We found that an NAC product formed by red blood cells, know as a nitrosothiol, bypasses the normal regulation of oxygen sensing. It tells the arteries in the lung to 'remodel'; they become narrow, increasing the blood pressure in the lungs and causing the right side of the heart to swell."

Gaston notes that this is an entirely new understanding of the way oxygen is sensed by the body. The body responds to nitrosothiols, which are made when a decreased amount of oxygen is being carried by red blood cells; the response is not to the amount of oxygen dissolved in blood. He says that this pathway was designed much more elegantly than anyone had previously imagined. "We were really surprised," he said.

The research team administered both NAC and nitrosothiols to mice for three weeks. The NAC was converted by red blood cells into the nitrosothiol, S-nitroso-N-acetylcysteine (SNOAC). The normal mice that received NAC and SNOAC developed PAH. Mice missing an enzyme known as endothelial nitric oxide synthase did not convert NAC to SNOAC, and were protected from the adverse effects of NAC, but not SNOAC. This suggests that NAC must be converted to SNOAC to cause PAH.

Could regular use of NAC produce the same effects in humans? The next step is to determine a threshold past which antioxidant use becomes detrimental to heart or lung function, according to Dr. Lisa Palmer, co-researcher of the study.

"The more we understand about complexities in humans, the more we need to be aware of chemical reactions in the body," said Palmer.

According to Gaston and Palmer, NAC is being tested in clinical trials for patients with cystic fibrosis as well as other conditions; and clinical trials with nitrosothiols are being planned. These results, Palmer says, should motivate researchers to check their patients for PAH.

The results also open up a range of possibilities in treating PAH. Palmer added that the signaling process could be restorative and healing if they figured out how to keep NAC from fooling the body.

"From here we could devise new ways for sensing hypoxia or we could in theory modify signaling to treat PAH," Palmer said.

The results appear in the September issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

advertisement

Story Source:

Materials*provided by*University of Virginia Health System.*Note: Content may be edited for style and length.

Cite This Page:

MLAAPAChicago

University of Virginia Health System. "One Type Of Antioxidant May Not Be As Safe As Once Thought." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 6 September 2007. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070904175353.htm>.

Comment

you and your sensitive stomach. lol.

so the shit elevates RBC like AAS. doesn't sound like something you want to be on during AAS cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      you and your sensitive stomach. lol.

so the shit elevates RBC like AAS. doesn't sound like something you want to be on during AAS cycle.
                      I think it's because I took that and other suppliments at the same time...especially fish oil and I mean the fluid kind..

Agree.. not on AAS.. maybe low dose

Comment

For me Ashwagandha is one of the best herb for mood enhancement and reduce anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by mikephilip View Post
                          For me Ashwagandha is one of the best herb for mood enhancement and reduce anxiety.
                          Heard that stuff is pretty good as well....might give it a go whenever and if I get off valium

Comment

Working...
                          X