Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Thistle....does it really work?

We shall see in 8 weeks.

More studies than none, show great positive results.

Back when I used to drink, it would help big time with my hangovers, so I think there is something there with liver support.

Comment

Many claim it's no good. But far more scientific research shows the opposite

I'm not talking about livers that are damaged or needing much more medical care. This is more of a support to help me through the months of taking orals and such.

I don't drink any more as it is

Comment

Look into Glutathione

Comment

I think milk thistle is the actual medicine base of what is prescribed for Tylenol poisoning which causes liver dammage. Don't cut me up if I'm wrong, just seems like I read it sometime?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rado were your liver values high from the orals you ran last time? or is this a test for curiosity.

i think it does work but i think i remember people saying there is something better now. may be what keiser posted. i dont take orals so i never looked into it. liver has healing properties itself. all you gotta do is drop the orals and it will repair.

Comment

liv.52 and saw pawmetto were proven good too?

Comment

https://www.umm.edu/health/medical/a...b/milk-thistle

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  rado were your liver values high from the orals you ran last time? or is this a test for curiosity.

i think it does work but i think i remember people saying there is something better now. may be what keiser posted. i dont take orals so i never looked into it. liver has healing properties itself. all you gotta do is drop the orals and it will repair.
                  For both reasons, they did go up because of the orals, but I also want to see how effective it really is, if at all.

Now that I know my liver values were/are in the 70s right now, when they should be in the low 40s. I want to take this for 8 weeks and once I grabs again, i can prove whether or not it's effective.

I know the liver is a self repairing tissue, and it would heal once I come off the orals. But I'm a biohacker😁

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                    I think milk thistle is the actual medicine base of what is prescribed for Tylenol poisoning which causes liver dammage. Don't cut me up if I'm wrong, just seems like I read it sometime?

That's NAC, Acetylcysteine. Its oral form can prevent liver damage caused by an overdose of acetaminophen. Cheap and OTC.

On oral cycles I always use NAC in combination with TUDCA. Tauroursodeoxycholic acid water soluble bile acid. It shows great potency in treating cholestasis (bile acid backup in the liver) as the water soluble bile acids counteract the toxicity of regular bile acids. Can also protect and rehabilitate the liver. Cholestasis is what causes your numbers to rise and this directly counteracts that.

Using TUDCA at a minimum of 1gram a day and NAC at 600mg a day I have clear piss while on orals. Feels better too. Haven't had liver numbers checked but it is a significant daily difference.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                      That's NAC, Acetylcysteine. Its oral form can prevent liver damage caused by an overdose of acetaminophen. Cheap and OTC.

On oral cycles I always use NAC in combination with TUDCA. Tauroursodeoxycholic acid water soluble bile acid. It shows great potency in treating cholestasis (bile acid backup in the liver) as the water soluble bile acids counteract the toxicity of regular bile acids. Can also protect and rehabilitate the liver. Cholestasis is what causes your numbers to rise and this directly counteracts that.

Using TUDCA at a minimum of 1gram a day and NAC at 600mg a day I have clear piss while on orals. Feels better too. Haven't had liver numbers checked but it is a significant daily difference.
                      Thought I heard nac or tudca or whatever makes the oral much less effective?

Comment

I'm sure they do but orals are still very effective and I'll trade some potentcy for a safer organ any day.

Comment

Working...
                        X