GNC Amp Protein Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNC Amp Protein Powder

I've been using GNC Amp pure isolate protein powder for over a year now and strawberry & cookies & cream are the only flavors I like. I use em daily.

Its always been this super thin micro filtered powder that shakes up fast & easy in a shaker leaving almost zero foam which is one of the reasons I like it so much.

Last week I reloaded buying one 5lb container getting the second half off which is how I always purchase it but this time I noticed something wrong with the strawberry right when I removed the lid.

Its not that thin fine micro powder I'm use to.
    its now a thick clumpy powder that shakes up super thick with half of it turning into foam while it takes about 20 minutes or so to dissolve.

I've tested this powder eight times so far getting the same results using almond milk which is the only product I've ever used for protein shakes.

The cookies & cream shakes up nicely with no foam and super thin which is exactly how the strawberry use to but I'm 100% positive something is different / wrong with this strawberry.

Its almost like they've thrown a cheap whey powder in this batch I've got.
    I don't like it, its to thick, its not the same powder I've been using.

So now I'm curious if this has ever happened with any of you guys?

I sent an e-mail to GNC headquarters but they just replied with an automated response telling me I could get my money back in which I've already known.
    Last edited by piratex; 04-28-19, 07:54 AM.

do you still have the older bag or bucket from the batch that was normal? compare the ingredients to the new one. compare every single one. sounds like they replaced something with a cheaper ingredient to increase profit.

GNC isn't known as a quality company anyway bro. i'm surprised the place is still in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      do you still have the older bag or bucket from the batch that was normal? compare the ingredients to the new one. compare every single one. sounds like they replaced something with a cheaper ingredient to increase profit.

GNC isn't known as a quality company anyway bro. i'm surprised the place is still in business.
      I'll do that. Thanks for this tip

Comment

What is a good brand of isolate protein doesn't shake up so thick & foamy?

I like that thin powder where when you shake it with 6oz of almond milk it doesn't turn out to be 10oz of foam.

Comment

I hate when companies change a successful formula like this. I'd imagine something cheaper for them to produce. Hopefully some higher up at GNC will contact with the answers you need.

Comment

Originally posted by piratex View Post
            What is a good brand of isolate protein doesn't shake up so thick & foamy?

I like that thin powder where when you shake it with 6oz of almond milk it doesn't turn out to be 10oz of foam.
            opitmum has been the gold standard for years now. i haven't had a clumpy protein powder in years bro. these all used to be like that but nowadays they are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/OPTIMUM-NUTRI...ay&sr=8-7&th=1

Comment

opitmum has been the gold standard for years now. i haven't had a clumpy protein powder in years bro. these all used to be like that but nowadays they are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/OPTIMUM-NUTRI...ay&sr=8-7&th=1
              GNC carries this also. I almost switched to it but now I'm scared to buy anymore protein from them.

Its like now I want to see the powder before I buy it. I can tell just by looking at it with my recent experiments. lol

Comment

I started using True Nutritions isolate protein. It’s A little expensive but a great product. You can completely customize flavors and any other extras you would like mixed in.

Comment

There is one flavor cinnamon bun made by Dymatize iso100 that's been good to me.

Going to miss that buy one 5lb get the other half off at GNC tho. lol

Comment

There is one flavor cinnamon bun made by Dymatize iso100 that's been good to me.

Going to miss that buy one 5lb get the other half off at GNC tho. lol
                    Is it really that great of deal even with the 50% off the second? I've always thought GNC's prices are outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashop View Post
                      Is it really that great of deal even with the 50% off the second? I've always thought GNC's prices are outrageous.
                      I used a $10 off coupon also. Along with the buy one get one half off I paid $74 for two 5lb jugs of protein.

I just bought 5lbs of Dymatize iso 100 for $66 with shipping so I think its a huge savings.

Comment

I used a $10 off coupon also. Along with the buy one get one half off I paid $74 for two 5lb jugs of protein.

I just bought 5lbs of Dymatize iso 100 for $66 with shipping so I think its a huge savings.
                        basically you have to have a 50% off sale with a $10 off coupon to get just about the same price amazon sells it for. fuck GNC bro. place is crap. look at prices on amazon. free shipping, right to your door in a few days. you still living in 1998 man!

Comment

basically you have to have a 50% off sale with a $10 off coupon to get just about the same price amazon sells it for. fuck GNC bro. place is crap. look at prices on amazon. free shipping, right to your door in a few days. you still living in 1998 man!
                          Ok alright I'm fucken done with GNC for sure.

Returned the junk and got my money back today and the sales rep said maybe one of these days they'll get the formula right.

I said I'm not the only one complaining right and he walked off saying nope.

Its their fucking signature brand.

Before this is was good powder though.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                            I started using True Nutritions isolate protein. It’s A little expensive but a great product. You can completely customize flavors and any other extras you would like mixed in.
                            I've been buying from True Nutrition for a long time. Quality stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't been using any protein powder at all the last 6 months. Only time I like it is pwo. I'll check out the brand chaddwhick and scrum use as long as it's not some soy shit. I know scrum is into that kinda filth.

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X