For Those With Sleeping Issues - Magnesium Citrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those With Sleeping Issues - Magnesium Citrate

I know a few here struggle with sleep issues. I've always slept well it's just that I tend to sleep really well for like 5 hours and then my mind and body is ready to go. I wake up completely refreshed. Problem with that is, sometimes I wake up completely refreshed at 4-5am lol.

Anyway I decided to give Magnesium a try based on the recommendation from a doctor that goes to my gym. I had serious doubts as I don't really trust supplements. She was adament about it and she stressed the Citrate part. Apparently there is all kinds of Magnesium supps but citrate is the one you want.

I took a small dose last night just to see the effect. I felt nothing for the first 2 hours but then as time went on a got more and more relaxed and sleepy feeling. Feel asleep around 11pm and woke up at 6. Was one of those deep sleeps where you wake up confused because you feel like you just feel asleep 5 minutes ago. I never sleep like that. I usually wake up at least once to take a leak etc..

Long story short.. try it if you haven't. It doesn't work like a normal sleeping pill. Don't expect to take it and then knock out like 30 minutes later. Again I felt nothing for at least 2 hours after taking it. Once it kicks in though its like a nice slow moving calm that comes on and builds up until you are completely relaxed and asleep.

My dose was very low, only 1 gel tab. I'm going to stick with that for as long as it works.

Anything that can improve my sleep that works and doesn't give me a hangover or addicted, I'm willing to try it.

Comment

Mag citrate is ok, but if you want even more of the mag you take to actually absorb, give magnesium glycinate a try (sometimes called magnesium bisglycinate)...it's much better, and the calming effect it has before bedtime is even more pronounced.

Comment

I've tried all kinds of stuff like melatonin, Tylenol PM (did work for like 2 weeks) but overall nothing really.
        Going to give this one a go when I start my blast.
        Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Sustalog View Post
          I've tried all kinds of stuff like melatonin, Tylenol PM (did work for like 2 weeks) but overall nothing really.
          Going to give this one a go when I start my blast.
          Thx.
          Did you have any success with this, or are you still cruising? I would love to find a good sleep aid (none habit forming) that I could use on blast as well. I can't run Deca for this very reason, but would really like to.

Comment

Stack these: L-Theanine, Inositol, and Melatonin

All 3 work really well together.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X