Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin B12 Prevents Mental Decline

Study

During this period the researchers measured the concentration of vitamin B12, folate, holotranscobalamin, methylmalonic acid and homocysteine in the subjects' blood.

Holotranscobalamin is an active form of vitamin B12; the concentration of methylmalonic acid in the blood rises if there is a shortage of vitamin B12 in the body and a high concentration of homocysteine is an indication of... Well, researchers don't actually know what a high level of homocysteine means. All they know is that in many cases it's not healthy.

Results

The researchers got their subjects to do mental tests on a number of occasions throughout the duration of the study. The figure below shows the results of these over time.

A doubling of the amount of folate and vitamin B12 in the blood has no statistically significant effect. A doubling of the amount of holotranscobalamin on the other hand reduces the speed of mental decline by thirty percent.

A doubling of the amount of homocysteine and methylmalonic acid speeded up the rate of mental decline by fifty percent. Of these two factors, only the effect of methylmalonic acid remained present after statistical processing.

Supplementation

After doing a literature survey the researchers conclude that you can achieve a doubling of the concentration of holotranscobalamin by taking oral supplements. Whether supplements containing extra B12 really help preserve mental functioning the researchers don't know. The results of these trials and others on the effect of B vitamins on cardiovascular disease would seem to indicate there is some truth in it.

Source:
    Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Nov;86(5):1384-91.

B-12 5000mcg Amazon

That's total bs and I can disprove that right the fuck now :D I've been taking it for years and look at me, look at me!!!!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
      That's total bs and I can disprove that right the fuck now :D I've been taking it for years and look at me, look at me!!!!!! :D
      :grin:

high levels of b-12 mixed with weed = retardation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        :grin:

high levels of b-12 mixed with weed = retardation.
        now THAT'S bro science you faggot:D:retard::rofl:

Comment

Working...
        X