X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid Turns Gyms Into Bubble Boy

What a depressing sight lol. Fuck sake.

Redondo Beach gym to reopen with pods for clients to exercise inside

When a Redondo Beach gym reopens to clients Monday, it will look very different.

Those walking into Inspire South Bay Fitness on Artesia Boulevard will be told to sanitize their hands, have their temperature taken, asked to sign a waiver and then assigned into a pod, each with its own dumbbells and other equipment inside.

The pods took three days to build using shower curtains and pipes — a lower-cost alternative to installing plexiglass dividers, the gym’s owner Peet Sapsin said.

Gyms and fitness centers have been shuttered for months as the state grappled with the spread of the coronavirus.

“It’s been really tough, we weren’t sure if we were gonna [be] able to reopen again,” Sapsin said. “But because now that we’ve come up with this solution, it’s a lot more affordable and, now, we can reopen back up a little more safer and healthier for our clients.”

Only nine gymgoers will be allowed inside at a time, nearly half the gym’s usual capacity, he said.

Counties that have received state approval to accelerate their reopening — including Los Angeles County — gave the green light to gyms, fitness centers and other venues to reopen starting Friday.

The state released guidance for the spaces that reopen, all at reduced capacity and with rules for disinfecting and social distancing.

According to the state’s guidelines, those visiting gyms should expect to see personal trainers in face coverings keeping 6 feet away and hand sanitizer and wipes on exercise machines, with gyms requiring users to clean equipment after they’re done with it.

Group training classes will likely include fewer participants or move outdoors. The state had also suggested that fitness centers implement a reservation system to limit the number of people at a facility at once, as well as start a check-out system for using items like mats and exercise bands.

Gyms will be responsible for frequently cleaning equipment, countertops, vending machines, doorknobs, hand washing facilities, reception areas, locker rooms, restrooms, changing areas and showers.

Saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs will have to remain closed.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/red...ercise-inside/

How will that help? If a person coughs in one pod and leaves, would not the virus be hanging out in that pod as the next person walked in? I suppose they could spray something in the air to cling to the virus particles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
      How will that help? If a person coughs in one pod and leaves, would not the virus be hanging out in that pod as the next person walked in? I suppose they could spray something in the air to cling to the virus particles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

will help a little i guess from person to person direct containment. but I've seen computer simulations of how it spreads if someone sneezes and it just goes all over the place up and over cubicles etc..

Comment

Sad sight for sure but guess I dont have to worry about guys trying to jump in between sets anymore.

Comment

My gym is not as packed as it uss to be. Yea they got the signs and tapes like a crime scene and you can't use every other machine If u into that isolated shit. Which makes no sense when all 5 flat benches are a few feet from each other are free ;same with the squat racks.

Dumbell area one person per square tape (3 squares) yet everyone is crammed up doing dumbell curls lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
            My gym is not as packed as it uss to be. Yea they got the signs and tapes like a crime scene and you can't use every other machine If u into that isolated shit. Which makes no sense when all 5 flat benches are a few feet from each other are free ;same with the squat racks.

Dumbell area one person per square tape (3 squares) yet everyone is crammed up doing dumbell curls lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
            shits gay. just open back up like normal. the weak will die. lets get this over with. world doesn't need people rado's age anyway.

Comment

My gym is dead! Granted it’s not a big chain gym I was there yesterday and today from 6am till 10am and we had two people come in.

Comment

How's your trainer business, Beast? Since I assume it relies on personal interaction, I assume it is going to be affected significantly.
                ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  How's your trainer business, Beast? Since I assume it relies on personal interaction, I assume it is going to be affected significantly.
                  ​​​​
                  He's now homeless.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X