Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interview with Menno Henselmans

Very interesting interview..

I've maintained for the last 15+ years that BCAAs are garbage for muscle growth, and the only supplements that are worth it are caffeine and creatine, not to mention the fact that they are the only ones with solid empirical evidence behind them. Good to see that he says pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, read the article....

https://medium.com/better-humans/how...s-980d4b6b86cf

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Very interesting interview..

I've maintained for the last 15+ years that BCAAs are garbage for muscle growth, and the only supplements that are worth it are caffeine and creatine, not to mention the fact that they are the only ones with solid empirical evidence behind them. Good to see that he says pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, read the article....

https://medium.com/better-humans/how...s-980d4b6b86cf
    You don't think a high quality fish oil for those that don't eat much fish or a decent multi vit for those that may not get all their vits from their diet is worth it?

Comment

I view fish oil and multivitamins as a general supplement for everyone. I am talking specifically about stuff for the gym that gym bros are always extolling. BCAAs are at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        I view fish oil and multivitamins as a general supplement for everyone. I am talking specifically about stuff for the gym that gym bros are always extolling. BCAAs are at the top of the list.
        yea agree. i'd probably add whey protein to the list of supps that can be of value if you can't get in a real meal.

i never bought a "BCAA" supplement in my life. i always looked at the back of whey protein jugs and saw that it had a ton of different bcaa's already in so I figured I was covered. lol

Comment

This is really interesting to read, especially as someone with limited background and perspective on this topic. I want to try calorie cycling!

Comment

Working...
          X