Complete Tricep Tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Tricep Tear

And this ladies and gentlemen is precisely why we warm up thoroughly, and don't fuck with weight we've got no business fucking with. And I might add......flat bench is waaay overrated for a bodybuilder, which this guy is not a bodybuilder (I would say) judging by his physique, but nonetheless.

we push our bodies way too far. especially on gear. we literally become too strong for our own good. tendons and ligaments cannot keep up with muscle tissue.

this style of lifting needs to die. arnold and them guys in the golden age had it right. in terms of gear use and training. they did enough to look great but not enough to destroy themselves.

rado did it to both triceps at the same time. poor fella will be handicapped forever now. i believe he's improved a bit. he's now up to 5lb dumbells. a huge leap from his 2.5 lb dumbells a few months back......

Comment

Ya know, I've become pretty big on asking people what their long term and short term goals are for the gym and what their plan is, and have found that most people I talk to have no clue what their goals are and have no plan for training at all. Aside from a few guys dabbling with wanting to power lift (which to each his own) when they start to really consider what they want, a bodybuilding training style with some cardio suits their needs. There is no sense in a 185 lb guy trying to flat bench 405 lbs unless your wanting to o compete in powerlifting comps in which case, yeah, but if you've made that decision in your head then you probably know the dangers and risks your taking when you sign up for that to begin with. The sad part is that you don't need to lift heavy as shit to grow in size and mass.....yes you have to lift "heavy" but that doesn't mean one rep maxes. It means CONTROLLED quality reps with weight that is heavy for YOU to where you can get 5-8 reps (in my opinion) I do not do one rep maxes at all on any exercise because the risk/reward is a no brainer for me. Sad to see guys destroying themselves for nothing.

In this guy's case he was kidding himself to begin with...that was not a pause at the bottom....that was what you call WAAAAAY to much weight for his ass using his chest to help support it lol. I use pauses in excercises allllll the time and that wasn't it. And I post this not to shit on this guy at all (I hop he's ok and doing well in life) but this is a good reminder for us who have been in the game and a.leaening lesson for those who are getting started. And like Bouncer said, especially of your running gear, you gotta be smart.

Comment

I am nowhere near pushing the heavy weights that many of you guys do, but it seems to me like loading 3 or 4 plates and cranking out a few reps is a pure ego thing. I don't see why these lifting techniques are even used in a bodybuilding context. Seems like an injury waiting to happen. Powerlifting may be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          I am nowhere near pushing the heavy weights that many of you guys do, but it seems to me like loading 3 or 4 plates and cranking out a few reps is a pure ego thing. I don't see why these lifting techniques are even used in a bodybuilding context. Seems like an injury waiting to happen. Powerlifting may be a different story.
          Yeah I think so too scrum.... unfortunately I personally know several guys who have damaged their rotator cuff on the flat bench, most of the time chasing the almighty 315 lol. They figure in their head (I know how.to get this shit, just watch me go) & proceed to blast off with test and tren and probably drop some.anadrol in the mix....instant shoulder surgery concoction!! Lol just no need man. I have a couple.of guys who have started training with my partner and I, and I'm telling them this constantly. They (which their young and hard headed as hell) think they can jump in with my buddy and I and do the same training with sets, reps, and weight. I'm trying to tell these guys there is no shame whatsoever in dropping the weight!! Learn to contract, stretch, and build that mind to muscle connection. People don't understand that performing an exercise correctly, with control, form, mind to muscle connection, and excellent activation of the muscle in training is something that takes time to develop. Oh if i would of had YouTube and all the tips, tricks and advice that is out there given freely by some of the best in the world when I was 18 and getting started in this....man.....the years I could have not wasted, just moving weight around and could have actually been building muscle and developing my body properly.

Comment

Looks painful. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall1019 View Post
              Ya know, I've become pretty big on asking people what their long term and short term goals are for the gym and what their plan is, and have found that most people I talk to have no clue what their goals are and have no plan for training at all. Aside from a few guys dabbling with wanting to power lift (which to each his own) when they start to really consider what they want, a bodybuilding training style with some cardio suits their needs. There is no sense in a 185 lb guy trying to flat bench 405 lbs unless your wanting to o compete in powerlifting comps in which case, yeah, but if you've made that decision in your head then you probably know the dangers and risks your taking when you sign up for that to begin with. The sad part is that you don't need to lift heavy as shit to grow in size and mass.....yes you have to lift "heavy" but that doesn't mean one rep maxes. It means CONTROLLED quality reps with weight that is heavy for YOU to where you can get 5-8 reps (in my opinion) I do not do one rep maxes at all on any exercise because the risk/reward is a no brainer for me. Sad to see guys destroying themselves for nothing.

In this guy's case he was kidding himself to begin with...that was not a pause at the bottom....that was what you call WAAAAAY to much weight for his ass using his chest to help support it lol. I use pauses in excercises allllll the time and that wasn't it. And I post this not to shit on this guy at all (I hop he's ok and doing well in life) but this is a good reminder for us who have been in the game and a.leaening lesson for those who are getting started. And like Bouncer said, especially of your running gear, you gotta be smart.
              I guess I belong to a lot of those guys who train without a purpose. I just work out my muscles - I enjoy it.
              I agree with you that an exercise with 1 repetition doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRussel View Post

I guess I belong to a lot of those guys who train without a purpose. I just work out my muscles - I enjoy it.
                I agree with you that an exercise with 1 repetition doesn't make sense.
                I seem to be training without any distant goal, too. I just like to keep my body toned. And some muscle gains are nice too :)

Comment

Originally posted by Belkster View Post

I seem to be training without any distant goal, too. I just like to keep my body toned. And some muscle gains are nice too :)
                  That is the best goal.

Comment

Working...
                  X