T bar row and barbel row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T bar row and barbel row

Is this bascially the same exercise, or a bit different along with one arm db row.

I personally like the T bar better because i feel it builds better mass on my back then the barbell. You typically use the same form for both, but i feel i use my lower back as a stabalizer with the barbell (i think i have good form but it may be just me). But if you find an exercise that you like dont use it all the time, workouts need variation to keep making gains. The one arm DB is good for isolating each lat separately and remember not to twist ur waist during the lift, so you could combine this exercise with an exercise that works both lats to make sure everything stays even. But one question... i do DB rows leaning against the weight rack, not parallel w/ the ground... is parallel on a bench or this technique better?

Comment

Re: T bar row and barbel row

Originally posted by D Animal
      Is this bascially the same exercise, or a bit different along with one arm db row.
      yes bascially they are the same. you are bent over and pulling a weight in towards your stomach. I actually love doing bentover rows with smith machine with an underhand grip. gives a great contraction in your back.

Comment

Re: Re: T bar row and barbel row

Originally posted by stonecold54
        I actually love doing bentover rows with smith machine with an underhand grip. gives a great contraction in your back.
        oh ima try that...

Comment

Originally posted by InjectMe
          But one question... i do DB rows leaning against the weight rack, not parallel w/ the ground... is parallel on a bench or this technique better?
          ive never done them holding the weight rack. i just feel that when i have my hand and knee on a bench it stabilizes me, mainly my lower back. ive gotta bad back. but if the shoe fits...

(wear it)

Comment

Maybe this isn't a good reason, but if you were having trouble adding weight, couldn't you add smaller amounts to the t-bar to make mini-jumps? Like you could add 2.5lbs (1 plate) to a t-bar levering row, whereas you would have to add 5lbs (2 2.5lb plates) to a barbell row.

Also is it easier to balance for the standing t-bars? Like I haven't gotten to try them yet but it seems like it might help you keep your balance. Even for those new ones that have swiveling bases, it seems like you could lean back into the bar and worry less about falling backwards whereas you can fall backwards easily when lifting the freeweight version (just barbell).

Comment

Working...
            X