workout plan revised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workout plan revised

after i made the last post i went back and revised the workout plan that i want to start and was wondering what yall thought of this one.

monday legs and abs

leg ext. 3x10
    squats 3x8
    leg curls 3x8
    calf raises 3x8
    ab crunchs 3x15
    leg raises 3x15

tuesday chest

flat bench press 3x8
    incline bench press 3x8
    flat dumbbell flys 3x8
    cable crossovers 3x8
    decline push ups 3x15

wed. triceps

dips 3x15
    close grip press 3x8
    overhead dumbbell ext. 3x8
    skull crushers 3x8

thurs. shoulders,traps,back,abs

barbell front press 3x8
    dumbbell press 3x8
    lat raises 3x8
    shrugs 3x8
    barbell rows 3x8
    pulldowns 3x8
    leg raises 3x15
    cross body crunchs 3x15

friday. biceps

barbell curls 3x8
    seated dumbell curls 3x8
    hammer curls 3x8
    concentration curls 3x8

sat. off

sun. off

how does this workout look?

thanks

looks good, i personally would start monday with chest to take advantage of sat & sun's rest and work legs on tue.

Comment

if it were me then i would do

monday-chest
      tues-biceps abs
      wed.-legs
      thurs-triceps abs
      fri-back shoulders

just a suggestion, because your tris and bis work with your back and chest as secondary muscles, they may need time to recover from a chest/back workout. if you feel you dont need the extra days then i wish you the best of luck.

Comment

You are doing 6 sets for a huge muscle group like quads, and 15 sets for pecs.Not too good IMO.You are also doing dips for triceps, the day following pecs.Your pecs are getting hit with too many sets to begin with ,don`t hit `em twice in a row.Two pressing exercises for delts...not needed, use only one, they are pretty much the same thing...redundant.Then you hit delts before back, when the back is a bigger more powerful muscle.Always do bigger bodyparts first. and work your way down to smaller ones as the week progresses.Again, you are doing a total of 12 sets for a tiny muscle like the biceps that also gets a lot of indirect work on back day. 6 sets for quads,12 sets for biceps,think about it. Not flaming you bro just pointing out unsound training practices.

Day-1 Quads & Calves- 12 sets for both
        Day-2 Chest & Biceps- 12 sets for pecs 6-8 for bi`s
        Day-3-Off
        Day-4 Back & Traps- 12 sets for back 4-5 sets for traps
        Day-5 Shoulders & Triceps- 10-12 sets for delts 10 sets for tri`s
        Day-6-Off
        Day-7-Off
        Everything here gets sufficient rest, as well as doing bigger stronger parts early in the week, when you are fresh.
        Last edited by ski; 02-17-04, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I think you will get tired if you try do lump back and shoulders together. I find it easier to work bis and tris together than back and shoulders.

Comment

i agree with Thor...tris and bis are natural to work together, but back and shoulders tires you out...

Comment

It`s back & traps.Traps are the biggest muscle of the BACK.It`s only 4-5 direct sets.Trust me it`s a lot better than what he has listed.

Comment

Working...
              X