X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with my muscles!

Whats wrong with my muscles!
    Hey brothers..

there are a few of us at the gym, im the strongest , BUT only on the very first exercise ! In other words my muscles run out of gass much faster than all of them... next exercise, i might do close to them or a bit bitter, but by 3rd exercise they are doin my weight and goin even heavier... The guy im talkin about has 10yrs of training under his belt , but his natural (great genetics)... I have 3yrs and half ( with no time off!)

What does this tell u guys? Is this because i just dont have as many years as those guys under my belt or is that because my muscles dont have good endurance? What should i do? thanks for ur time, cheers

::BULLFX::

It's an endurance thing...I'm the same way. I tend to run out of gas compared to the people I train with on the 3rd exercise, after outperforming them by far on the first and second exercises. I don't really care though; it's not about who can do more reps towards the end of the workout, it's about who is pushing themselves to THEIR limit. Muscles don't know how many reps you did, they just know how many microtears were inflicted that they have to repair (growth).

Comment

good answer, hitmansb.

Also your diet can have a big influence on your endurance through a workout.

Shouldn't this be in Training?

Comment

It has been moved...

Comment

You could try working on your endurance. After your fist couple of heavy sets up your reps with less weight.

Comment

Yeah you shouldn't really be competeing with the others you workout with, only do what you can handle. Thats how you get hurt, then your buddies will be at the gym working out getting stronger while your recovering. Only do what you can handle

Comment

Hmm. maybe your fibre type ratio's are slightly different from your fellow trainers. these are slow rapid and very rapid fibre types. the proportion of these fibre types in people is largely genetic but can be modified by training regimes to a degree and yep, yer chem intake can also play a part too. Funnily enough the transition from type I to Type II is facillitated by a reduction in training. This is the reason why sprinters will lay off training for a week before the big race. Maybe you are naturally reducing tour intensity between sessions. Again less is often more!

Comment

Working...
              X