treadmill pain in the tibialis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treadmill pain in the tibialis?

why is it that sometime my tibialis anterior(muscle next to the shin) gets realy tight and burns. i read once that if you run pigion toed (toes facing out) this will cause it! today i made a real effort to stay straight as possable, but 17mins in and i had to stop that realy pisses me off any ideas or help would be great thanks.

wear shoe inserts, like the gel ones, you could have a fallen arch and be stepping and rolling your foot, they arent expensive if it doesnt work you wasted 5 bucks if it does , your welcome.

Comment

try exercising it like a regular muscle. use a DARD or try to improvise some way to do toe flexion to workout that muscle.

Comment

or try hoping on an eliptical, it's alot less impact and actually a better workout

Comment

i get that too, mine were accompanied by shin-splints shortly thereafter so be careful you're not doing putting too much impact on 'em. pigeon toed is actually when your toes point inward, which causes your foot to roll on the outside, and i am unaware of any treatment for that. what tightened up my shins is fallen arches, again causing my foot to roll on the outside. some dr. scholls (sp?) arch support inserts took care of that. make sure you're letting your legs heal bro!

Comment

Working...
          X