Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Routine

Hey guys-

With the help of a good brother, Madcow, Ive come up with a new routine to get me over a minor stalling phase. I believe its going to workout perfect for me. I will be off cycle, so I figured I better get a serious, dedicated routine and utilize it...

Im at around 215 right now and would like to get to 225 while not compromising a gain in bodyfat. My diet is stellar and no worries there... I will be doing day of cardio (HIIT style) so I do understand this natural 10 pounds will not be easy...... and it will take time.

*Diet will be 300 calories above maintaince on training days, and 200 calories above on off days. Macronutrient breakdown is roughtly 45/30/25 with 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, only complex carbs and essential fats. Pre workout will consist of 1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop BCAAs, 1/3 cup oats in water. Post workout shake will consist of 44g of whey protein, 1/2 cup oats, & 1 scoop vitamin C powder. Other supplements include flax & fish oil, green tea extract, multi vitamin/mineral, vitamin c & e tabs, NAC and saw palmetto. No sleep aids or meds will be taken. I will likely avoid most milk based based products. I will try my best not to cheat, with the exception of the occasional diet soda as a reward.

Heres the routine:

Monday- Chest/Triceps

*2 warm up sets
    Flat Barbell Bench- 4 sets, 10/8/8/6 reps.
    Incline Dumbell Bench 3 sets 10/8/6
    Weighted Dips 3 sets 12/10/8

Close Grip Bench- 3 sets 10/10/8
    Skullcrushers 3 sets 10/10/8

**With mass in mind, as my weight increases, I will be be dropping my reps.

Tuesday- Legs

*2 warm up sets
    Squats (using a squat rack) 3 sets 15/12/10
    Box squats 3 sets 10/12/12
    Leg Extensions- 3 sets 10/10/failure
    Seated calve raises- 4 sets 12/12/10/failure
    SLDL- 3 sets 15/12/10
    **Will do some light ab work this day as well.

Wednesday- Off

Thursday- Back/Bi's

* 2 warm up sets
    Deads 4 sets 12/10/10
    Lat Pulldowns 4 sets 12/10/8
    Bend Over Barbell Rows 3 sets 10/10/10
    Pullups 3 sets both to failure (with 90lbs added weight)

Barbell Curls 3 sets 10/8/8
    Alternating Dumbell curls 3 sets 10/10/8
    Hammer curls 2 sets 10/8

**Considering some speed flat bench on this day. I like the idea of adding a semi-light bench day or possibly another leg day later in the week, following a volume/deloading/intensity format.

Friday- Off

Saturday- Shoulders/traps/abs

*2 warm up sets
    Dumbell Presses 4 sets 10/10/8/8
    Behind the neck presses 4 sets 10/10/10/8
    Lateral Raises- 4 sets 10/10/8/8
    Powershrugs Shrugs 2 sets 15/12
    3 sets weighted decline crunches
    3 sets rope presses
    1 set unweighted decline crunches

Sunday- HIIT
    1/2 mile warm up
    2 40 yard sprints (50% speed)
    2 60 yard sprints (Full)
    2 100 yard sprints (Full)
    2 intervals of 60 second shuttles (10 yard shuttles, full speed)
    1/2 mile walk to cool down

*This is lighter HIIT day than the previous, will do a lot of stretching on this day.

Im debating whether or not to keep a journal here, although I should for motivation. Let me know what you guys think... nothing is set in stone, but Im pretty satisfied and content with this, but open to all suggestions or tweaks.
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 08-05-03, 03:38 AM.

Interesting it looks much like my routine.
    Except that i do 2 days on 1 day off.
    And i switch the exercises around each weel.

Comment

Yeah, keep us posted bro, would be good to see what kind of results you're getting. Personally I feel I do best with a five day split focusing on pretty much just one body part (except for when I throw a bit of ab work in) per workout when I'm trying to gain mass and seeing someone else get results from a different method might kick my procrastinating ass around to deviating from my beaten path, so-to-speak ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser
        What do you mean by this, what was the previous?
        Sorry, I originally had to HIIT sessions in the equation, but decided to drop one... Im going to need more rest than I thought.

Comment

Yeah journal it for shizzil YJ. Will be interesting to hear your progress.

Comment

I wouldn't do behind the neck presses if someone payed me, but other than that looks like a solid routine.

Comment

that is my workout program but i do no hiit or cardio for that matter. its hard enough keeping the calories up as it is

Comment

Behind the neck presses are great IMO, if you dont have shoulder problems. Make sure you have a spotter or use a smith machine, and only go down to the back of your head/top of your neck, no need to go any further down.

Comment

Originally posted by prolangtum
                  Behind the neck presses are great IMO, if you dont have shoulder problems. Make sure you have a spotter or use a smith machine, and only go down to the back of your head/top of your neck, no need to go any further down.
                  My old workout partner always told me not to do them and blah..blah...blah. I read what Prolangtum said one day, and I have started doing them. I love them, I can't believe never did them.

Comment

i dont mind behind the neck presses since i NEVER had any shoulder probs, some people should be carefull though. just my opinion, but four sets of deads above 6 reps seems a little much. of course i just could be a puss too. i usually will do 4 sets of 8,8,6,3 and maybe another set of 3 if i feel really good that day.

Comment

Looks good bro, keep us posted with your the insane amount of bulk you should add....

Keep away from the un needed sugar and you should be right.

Comment

looks good bro, good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X