WTF did I do to my Back !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF did I do to my Back !?!

Last night was back night and I really don't know why my back hurts so damn bad. I was doing bent over lat rows on the Smith machine and after my first set of 225lbs, my back hurts like a son of a bitch! It's right in the middle on my back, like if you were to squeeze your shoulders straight back and your shoulder blades pinch together... right there. What did I do to my self? nothing poped... but now my back it stiff... it hurts when I look over my shoulder to change lanes... Tonight's shoulder night, no working out tonight right? :(

Thoughts? What did I do? pulled muscle? back sprain? what?

You probably just pulled a muscle. Ususally when it happens I just forget about it and do my normal routine the next day. It'll feel a bit better tomorrow.

Comment

Do you normally do your rows on the smith machine?

Comment

I would take a few days off man don't want to further injure yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          Do you normally do your rows on the smith machine?
          Just trying to hit the lats with different exercises, bent over row, you know.

Comment

Try useing a barbell. I find the smith machine can restrict the range of motion in an unatural position. If you get slightly off balance you can find yourself depending on the machine or it pulling against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              Try useing a barbell. I find the smith machine can restrict the range of motion in an unatural position. If you get slightly off balance you can find yourself depending on the machine or it pulling against you.
              Nice, I appreciate the advice. I've done it like that in the past but never as heavy. That also could have caused a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X