Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are great ways to increase running speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or you could try running in water, or in sand. any beaches by you?

Comment

Re: Re: What are great ways to increase running speed?

Originally posted by stonecold54
      I didn't read all the responses but it is very easy. To run faster you must practice RUNNING. If you want to improve on the 60 yard dash then practice the 60 yard dash. I would not reccomend using weight to run or any type of sled attached to you. It will alter your gait and you will have to relearn your run when you take it off. Go to the gym to get stronger and go to the track to get faster.

that's what i normally do as is

Comment

If you have access to the equipment, resistance and over-speed training training w/ bungies and chutes is great. I used to spend a lot of time sprinting hills and it yielded results. I also found a direct connection between my level flexibility and how well I ran.

Comment

i went to a local college to workout with one of the baseball coaches there, he advised me to actually run downhill opposed to uphill because it forces you to lengthen your stride....I do that about once a week

Comment

Downhill is another form of Overspeed training. It is a good way to train but not as save/controlable as bungies (you cant yell at the hill and tell it to stop sloping, or NOT have that OMG IM bout to eat my knees feeling from the abrupt end of the hill \__ )

When your doing your downhill run just remember to focus on your running form. Good lean, 90 degree elbows, Eyes fw! TOOO many times I see this noodle that looks like a guy doing a half run half slowdown half retard step with their arms flailing about .

But still good advice.

Ask the coach if you can get ahold of their offseason w/o schedule. Many Universities have strenght coaches that put together very profesional looking booklets that outline a week by week lifting and conditioining schedule.

Uphill running and bleachers help stride frequency, explosion and foot work. Speed is very simply a combination of stride length and stride frequency. You need both to be fast (stride lengh helps your "top" speed and the frequency determines quickness).

Comment

Originally posted by ZHowitzer!

Ask the coach if you can get ahold of their offseason w/o schedule. Many Universities have strenght coaches that put together very profesional looking booklets that outline a week by week lifting and conditioining schedule.
              that was one of the first things I asked him, he said he couldn't since I wasn't enrolled in the school

I found it understandable seeing as the school probably paid alot of money to have some design the program

Comment

Working...
              X