Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding split cardio training

Hey Guys,
    I just got my recumbent exercise bike to go along with my treadmill at home. For the past month I have been going on the treadmill everyday for 30 minutes but now that I have the bike as well should I do both for 15-20 minutes each or just alternate between the two every other day and continue the 30 minutes on one machine? Just dont want to do 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike to later find out that I am not getting that much more of a cardio workout. I appreciate your two cents...

It doesn't matter what you do for cardio as long as you keep your heart rate in the target zone for a certain period of time. Whether it be 40 mins bike, 40 mins elliptical, or 20 each...it wouldn't matter. Do whichever you enjoy and will stick with.

Just wondering too, are you cutting? 30 mins of cardio a day (depending on intensity) seems like a lot. Remember rest is a good thing!

Comment

the medium doesn't matter, just do what you like better. Steady state activity is pretty much all the same because all you are doing is achieving a given heart rate for a given amount of time.

Comment

Working...
      X