No announcement yet.

My shoulder workouts...more or less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain how dumbell rear delt works please.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLBIXBY
      Explain how dumbell rear delt works please.
      Bend over at the waste or lay flat on your stomach on a bench and raise the db's till your arms are parallel to the floor.

Comment

I have done these before just never knew the name of it, Would using incline bench reversed hit the rear heads as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BILLBIXBY
          I have done these before just never knew the name of it, Would using incline bench reversed hit the rear heads as well?
          You can, but I feel this bring more of the traps into play though.

Comment

Originally posted by krypton32
            This is what my shoulder routine looks like now.
            Start with Side delts when u have the most strength and are fresh.
            15lbsx14
            20lbsx14
            stretch,stretch
            30lbsx10
            35lbsx10
            35lbsx8
            40lbsx8
            smith front press
            245x10
            275x8
            295x8
            cable side laterals( watch the Cutler DVD)
            #5 pin(approx 50lbs)x 10
            #5 pinx10
            #5 pinx10,superset#3pinx10

D-bell rear delt
            25lbsx10
            25lbsx10
            30lbsx8
            I only train traps once every other month when I do its front barbell shrugs superseted with reverse barbell shrugs.
            about 4 sets of those and top it off with 5 sets of D-Bell shrugs.

that does seem like alot for shoulders, but why smith machine instead of a barbell and why only 3 sets of rear delts?

Comment

I'm hittin' shoulders tonight. It's gonna be...

1 warm-up set

3 sets of db presses
              3 sets of behind the neck smith presses
              3 sets of bent over db raises

3 sets of db shrugs

that's about it....... I might hit a little bit of legs tonight just to get that in there. :)

Comment

I've noticed alot of development on my front delt area. I do just two exercises of shoulders...front incline (45%) smith machine (these make my delts scream for some reason) for about 12 sets and then rear delt flys for about 4 to 6 sets. Shrugs when I'm "on." Is there anything else that I could do to bring out the whole delt area instead of just the front?

Comment

Originally posted by helix139
                  I've noticed alot of development on my front delt area. I do just two exercises of shoulders...front incline (45%) smith machine (these make my delts scream for some reason) for about 12 sets and then rear delt flys for about 4 to 6 sets. Shrugs when I'm "on." Is there anything else that I could do to bring out the whole delt area instead of just the front?
                  medial delt raises (or side delt raises). basically that will focus on your middle head. most presses focus on the anterior muscle too much so you need a more isolation motion to really hit that outer head intenstly.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                    medial delt raises (or side delt raises). basically that will focus on your middle head. most presses focus on the anterior muscle too much so you need a more isolation motion to really hit that outer head intenstly.
                    Yup, and make sure you tilt your hand so that your pinky is higher than your thumb when you do these. Kind of like visualizing pouring yourself a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                      Yup, and make sure you tilt your hand so that your pinky is higher than your thumb when you do these. Kind of like visualizing pouring yourself a drink.
                      add to this if you only do the top 3/4 of the movement it will burn like a fire in the muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                        add to this if you only do the top 3/4 of the movement it will burn like a fire in the muscle.
                        Hey dude, when I do them, I like to grab a hold of a power rack or something and then lean away and do the raises. Does this help to emphasize the 3/4 movement?

Comment

Hey dude, when I do them, I like to grab a hold of a power rack or something and then lean away and do the raises. Does this help to emphasize the 3/4 movement?
                          so you are doing them one-handed? Yeah basically you are increasing the range of motion by increasing the amount of time they are under gravities pull. basically you are decreasing the horinzontal amount of movement and maximizing the vertical movement which will increase the active ROM making it more effective.

Comment

Bend over at the waste or lay flat on your stomach on a bench and raise the db's till your arms are parallel to the floor.

for it it works brother. Ever since i noticed i was lagging something i started doing alot of front military and front raises and bend over raises. As a result my shoulders got more better defined and proportional. Check out the rear delt bro

:D

Comment

Working...
                            X