Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Day Routine

Anybody got a 5 day routine that
    works all body parts twice in those five days?

you'd probably be better to go with a 6 day workout....in a 5 day workout you'd probably be cramming too much

Comment

Re: 5 Day Routine

Originally posted by bigcmonster
      Anybody got a 5 day routine that
      works all body parts twice in those five days?
      honestly it is just a matter of logistics in fitting everything in. but I won't reccomend anything like that because once a week (normally more) for any muscle is sufficient to make gains.

Comment

Can you explain why exacxtlly you want to work everybody part twice a week? You grow outside of them gym bro. Hit each muscle hard once each week and feed the muscle the right amount of calories. You will achieve far greater results.

Comment

Re: Re: 5 Day Routine

Originally posted by stonecold54
          honestly it is just a matter of logistics in fitting everything in. but I won't reccomend anything like that because once a week (normally more) for any muscle is sufficient to make gains.

hmm what about atrophy beginnig @ the 72 hr mark?? just a question.

Please Keep in mind that i LOVE hearing everyone's thoughts...I also love to hear about new things and new theroy's (as long as there is some type of scientific foundation to it). I am of the opinoion that I know that the more I learn the more Ignorant I become!!! (one of those "tug at the sweater string" things)

Comment

For a 5 day routine this is what I often did

Day 1: Chest/ Tri's/
            Day 2: Back/ Shoulders
            Day 3: Off
            Day 4: Legs/Biceps/Forearms
            Day 5: Chest/Shoulders
            Day 6: Back/Triceps
            Day 7: Off - cardio for active recovery

Days 1-4: I would select *2-3 exercises for each bodypart trained that require the use of heavy weight so that you can get no more than 8 reps. I often stuck around the 5-8 rep range for 2 sets only. This meant I went very heavy.

Days 5-7: 2 exercises per bodypart for 3 sets with increased rep range of 8-12 using a moderately heavy weight for major muscle groups. For the smaller muscles I would use weight that I would intuit to be appropriate for my conditioning.

I can only stick to a 5 day routine like this for 4 weeks at the most before my joints start to hurt.

I also found that doing cardio that requires the whole body, such as an eliptical machine with handles that move with the motion of the foot glides is the best for keeping the body healthy and free of muscle soreness. Active recovery will flush all that lactic acid right out of your system.

Ideally I do a 4 day push/pull routine. I am with most of the other people, I fear overtraining. Overtraining depressed me in ways that a hard break up never could.

* There is an exception to the amount of exercises I do for my legs. I will do as many as 5 different exercises for my legs and I perform more than 2 sets on my leg presses, leg extensions and calf raises. But I don't increase the rep range.

Comment

just a note "active recovery" is an oxymoron and therefore logically impossible. you are either at rest and recovery or your are stressing your body.

Comment

Working...
              X