No announcement yet.

Yet another stupid remark in the GYM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another stupid remark in the GYM...

So I am doing biceps last night and the gym was kinda crowded... usually is on Mondays. So I'm doing preacher curls and hittin' it hard. When I finish my set. I overhear these two chumps working out, talking about what they were gonna do next. The first guys asks the second if he wants to do some curls. The guy says to his buddy... " No, I don't do curls... I don't like the way they feel."

I'm sorry, maybe I'm being a dick but, is that not the biggest bunch of bull shit you've ever heard. How could anyone not do curls unless some how prohibited by a doctor.

Am I being a total dick?

Either he was intimidated by you doing your preachers and didn't want to look bad when he did his, or he's just a dumb ass who doesn't do curls and probably has arms as small as my g/f. I don't like the way any of my exercises feel, but I still do em. It's like people think working out is supposed to be a day at magic mountain or something.

Comment

Re: Yet another stupid remark in the GYM...

Originally posted by redneck99
      So I am doing biceps last night and the gym was kinda crowded... usually is on Mondays. So I'm doing preacher curls and hittin' it hard. When I finish my set. I overhear these two chumps working out, talking about what they were gonna do next. The first guys asks the second if he wants to do some curls. The guy says to his buddy... " No, I don't do curls... I don't like the way they feel."

I'm sorry, maybe I'm being a dick but, is that not the biggest bunch of bull shit you've ever heard. How could anyone not do curls unless some how prohibited by a doctor.

Am I being a total dick?
      I've learned to ignore pretty much everything I see or hear in the gym. I usually work out at odd hours to avoid as many people as possible. My body language usually lets people know that I'm not interested in talking, and want to be left alone. This eliminates a lot of annoying people wanting to work in, ask questions, talk about their lives, etc. I just want to do my workout and leave, and I don't worry about what other people are doing, unless they are holding up my workout. My home gym will be done soon- I'm looking forward to that.

Comment

Well, i just think some people don't like doing some exercises cos they don't feel good or they have tried them and not made any good gains. I have a friend who is quite well built and he hates doing concentration curls, although many feel they are essential to developing biceps. Similarly for me, I can't seem to get "comfortable" on bench press. It just doesn't feel like i am doing anything on my chest. Stonecold said he got the same problem. I think the point to take away is that everybody is different and there are exercises which some people make gains from and others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Face
          Well, i just think some people don't like doing some exercises cos they don't feel good or they have tried them and not made any good gains. I have a friend who is quite well built and he hates doing concentration curls, although many feel they are essential to developing biceps. Similarly for me, I can't seem to get "comfortable" on bench press. It just doesn't feel like i am doing anything on my chest. Stonecold said he got the same problem. I think the point to take away is that everybody is different and there are exercises which some people make gains from and others don't.
          I can understand not doing certain exercises, but he said curls. Like just doing any kind of curls in general. That doesn't leave him with much to get his bi's going since just about every bicep exercise is a curl of some sort. He's pretty much not working bi's then.

Comment

Oh ok, I thought he specifically meant preacher curls :)

Comment

Re: Yet another stupid remark in the GYM...

Originally posted by redneck99

Am I being a total dick?
              actually that is a good reason not to do something. If an exercise doesn't feel right then it probably is not a good idea to do it. of course he should be able to find SOME sort of curl that he is able to do effectively.

Comment

i dont pay attention to ANYTHING in the gym...except that 18 y/o doing the squat thrusts...you know, she might need a spot...

Comment

Originally posted by Racer814
                  i dont pay attention to ANYTHING in the gym...except that 18 y/o doing the squat thrusts...you know, she might need a spot...
                  LOL, that sounds like me. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Yet another stupid remark in the GYM...

Originally posted by stonecold54
                    actually that is a good reason not to do something. If an exercise doesn't feel right then it probably is not a good idea to do it. of course he should be able to find SOME sort of curl that he is able to do effectively.
                    Yeah, I know you're right on that one Stone... I guess you just had to be there to hear how he said it to his buddy.... It seemed like he thought his friend was a moron for asking such a stupid question... maybe I was being hard on the little fella :)

Comment

How big were his arms? I used to never work my arms directly and they taped at 18 1/4.

Comment

if he doesn't like the way curls feel, i imagine his legs look like toothpicks too. of all the muscle groups arms have got to be some of the easiest to get a good pump real easy with, they're not huge muscle groups so unless you're doing some serious supersetting it's not going to give you nausea. i mean, i LOVE working arms, especially compared to quads day. maybe we are being hard on him or don't have the full story, but it sounds to me like he's a puss and should stay on the treadmill.

Comment

i like doing squats and hate working bis directly
                          i like doing deads and hate working bis directly
                          i like doing bench bench and hate working bis directly

i wouldn't say becuase you like or dislike working a muscle group you are a pussy

i just had working biceps, i hate curls. you can hit your biceps pretty f*cking hard on back day and stimulate growth. a lot of bros on these boards only suggest a few sets for arms anyways.

whatd this dude look like anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
                            i like doing squats and hate working bis directly
                            i like doing deads and hate working bis directly
                            i like doing bench bench and hate working bis directly

i wouldn't say becuase you like or dislike working a muscle group you are a pussy

i just had working biceps, i hate curls. you can hit your biceps pretty f*cking hard on back day and stimulate growth. a lot of bros on these boards only suggest a few sets for arms anyways.

whatd this dude look like anyways?
                            maybe 160...? all tri's and no bi's

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
                              if he doesn't like the way curls feel, i imagine his legs look like toothpicks too. of all the muscle groups arms have got to be some of the easiest to get a good pump real easy with, they're not huge muscle groups so unless you're doing some serious supersetting it's not going to give you nausea. i mean, i LOVE working arms, especially compared to quads day. maybe we are being hard on him or don't have the full story, but it sounds to me like he's a puss and should stay on the treadmill.
                              I guess I should have asked the kid his reasonong behind hating curls.

Comment

Working...
                              X